So, I'm going to a shop which has quite a few Ibanezes: http://www.jknummela.fi/sahkokitarat.asp (It's in Finnish)

I don't know much about Ibanez guitars, so which models should I look for the most? Price range is about 900-1300 euros. The SV5470 seems attractive, but I've seen people complaining about some sustain issues
RGT42dx, it is sold lower than retail prices on ebay and with like 300 bucks worth of mods, it becomes beast!
Quote by ChucklesMginty
S5470dxqm.

there is no such guitar,and I cant belive that people are telling him to buy a normal ibanez's when he can afford a prestige..

I say get the 2570 or the S5470,not the SV...its all down to preference between those two
Quote by ChucklesMginty
S5470dxqm.

this except i like the older neck profile much better like the one on my s2170se prestiege
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
The S5470 costs nearly 500 euros more than the SV5470 I'm not sure if it's affordable, but I'll try it anyway

By the way, is it easy/possible to change the tremolo system to an original floyd rose or is that even necessary in any way?
Okay the 2570 seems like a good choice, thanks guys.

Are the trems really that good? I've heard good things about them, but I'm still a bit unsure (which is why I'm going to that store anyway).
Quote by Flibo
Okay the 2570 seems like a good choice, thanks guys.

Are the trems really that good? I've heard good things about them, but I'm still a bit unsure (which is why I'm going to that store anyway).

yeah they are great trems,too bad that they arent made by gotoh anymore,but stll they have great quality,superb trems but If you can get hold of a original Egde or a Lopro its even better..then you will have to go used or get a sig..
Quote by archenemyfan
then go for the 2570.

WHAT???dont swap to an OFR!!!these trems are much better..

What trem is on there? I hope you're talking about an Edge pro (which indeed is slightly better) and nothing else?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
What trem is on there? I hope you're talking about an Edge pro (which indeed is slightly better) and nothing else?

yeah I was talking about the edge pro until I saw the 2570Z part..in that case the trem in it is the Edge zero,which is not as time tested as the OFR or the EP,but still a great trem nonetheless(TBH I dont like it at all)

but If you dont like it,you're in trouble because the OFR doesnt retrofit the edge zero cavity...

your best option : try them both and see what feels good to you(keep in mind the Edge zero is made in china)
Quote by archenemyfan
BTW thanks for pointingit out LP_CL

Oh, i wasn't pointing out, i was asking :p
Nevertheless, i don't like the zero either.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
What about the "RG 2570M Z VBE"? Does that also have Zero?

EDIT: nvm, I could quickly google that yes, there is a Zero there.
Quote by Flibo
What about the "RG 2570M Z VBE"? Does that also have Zero?

EDIT: nvm, I could quickly google that yes, there is a Zero there.

yeah it does..but check them out,you might like it,its still a great trem
What sort of amp do you have and what kind of sounds do you need this guitar to handle?
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Bigger/louder/more watts =/= Better quality.
Quote by Dr.Evil Knödel
What sort of amp do you have and what kind of sounds do you need this guitar to handle?

I've got a Peavey Valve King 112 and I'm going to buy a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker to it. I'm looking for 80's hard rock/metal sounds such as Iron Maiden, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Helloween etc etc. I'm also playing some newer stuff such as Children Of Bodom and Alestorm. All of those bands use some kind of tremolo systems, so I'd like to have a good tremolo system too capable of divebombs and some weird "screams".

EDIT: By the way, I found a new store, I think they pretty much have every Ibanez model currently being made, so feel free to suggest.
Last edited by Flibo at Jun 9, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
If I could get any Ibanez it would probable be RG 550 Prestige in Yellow

the reissue?umm,no..the original,real deal?yes

technically its not a prestige..
sorry I actually meant the RG1550 Prestige, not the 550. It pretty much looks like that but has more of an orange color
i know this is slightly off topic, but is the S570EX a good buy? Basically i can get it at a good price online, but i cant try it out cause the only guitar shop where i am has never stocked an ibanez. I know that the neck specs are identical to my RGR321EX, but im really interested in the ZR trem
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by archenemyfan
thats the s570,there is no such guitar as the S5470DXQM

think he meant this: http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-S5470
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Either it's redirecting you, or you can't read. Because it quite clearly says DXQM at the end of the name. Read the URL.. 'S570DXQM'

But it's irrelevant now because I didn't realize TS had a much higher budget.

what you posted in the first place was S5470dxqm..not s570dxqm....

ok nvm..