I'm looking at getting a delay for playing music such as "post-rock" "shoegaze" and for the most part creating what can be described as soundscapes. Problem is that I am on a low budget. I would much prefer pedals to rack effects. I am looking for suggestions and I am definitely open to buying used gear. My budget is around $70. An artist that have a similar sound to what I am looking for would be Explosions in the Sky. I would hopefully like something that will last me a long time (in both terms of durability and longevity). Thank you for your help.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Explosions In The Sky have used Line-6 DL-4 delay pedals, Boss DD-5s, amoungst others.

Do you want analog or digital delay?

Awsome band by the way.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
A lot of post rock bands use the Boss RV-3 (Reverb and Delay) - More than your budget unfortunately, it's like $150. I have a Modtone Analog Delay which is a really nice pedal for the price ($100). Under $100 there aren't a lot of really good pedals. You might be able to find one of those used for cheap on ilovefuzz though. That's where I get a lot of stuff.
The DL-4 is out of my price range (as is the DD-5 i believe). I was looking at maybe getting an Ibanez DE7. I think one of the guys (Maybe Munaf?) actually uses/used one of these for awhile. I have another pedal from that Ibanez series (the FZ7 Fuzz) and while they look incredibly durable on the outside, the switching system doesn't look very reliable (though I've had no problems yet).

I don't have much of a preference between Analog and Digital as I don't really know the difference. All I know is that I would like something with longer delays, maybe 2 seconds max, and I know that Digital would probably be better for this.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
The DE-7 is in your budget new, but you may also be able to get a used DD-3 also. I have heard that the DE-7 is good, I've never tried it, though.
Digital delays sound 'cleaner' and you can get much longer delay times and more repeats with one, also many digital delay pedals have other options such as loopers, reverse delay, etc.

Analog delays sound 'warmer' you could say, slight noise in the background, about 2 seconds max delay time.

They both sound amazing for different things.

I have a stange no-name analog delay pedal that I bought from Denmark Street in London, I love it. Cost about £40 I believe.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Fun stuff? If you mean stuff like reverse delays then I'm not extremely interested in that. As you may remember from one of my other threads, there was a Boss PS-2 by me for less than $50 with a small problem (on craigslist), but the seller hasn't responded and the ad was put up in mid April so I lost hope on that one.

I've heard that the DE7 is comparable to the DD3? Also there is a Digitech Digidelay on sale nearby for $40. How are they?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser