Ok people, I play mostly trivium and metallica sort of thing, and my band plays more hard rock sort of stuff

heres the specs:
Nice playable neck
Mahogany or alder (yes I know theyre very different)
No preference on the bridge so it could be anything, floyd, tune-o-matic, wraparound, as long as it's not an edge 3.
under 700 GBP, which I think is around 1000 USD

ask for more info

GO!!!
Gear
Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
Quote by bigman123
not an edge 3.

And I was gonna say an Ibanez prestige...

But seriously some sort of Schecter C-1?

C-1 Standard
or
Damien Elite?

also: Yeah what he ( 'V' ) said, I always liked the look of the EC-1000s
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Jun 9, 2010,
Well if you're wanting a trem I would say a Ibanez Prestige S series with a Zero Point Trem. Or even a LTD Deluxe Series, EC-1000
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
that ESP explorer model is great, I tried it a couple of times and it meets your standards for sure
Quote by Dream Floyd
And I was gonna say an Ibanez prestige...

But seriously some sort of Schecter C-1?

C-1 Standard
or
Damien Elite?

also: Yeah what he ( 'V' ) said, I always liked the look of the EC-1000s

I'll check out the schecters and it can be an ibanez presteige, they use edge pro bridges instead
Gear
Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
I dont know what your opinion is on B.C Rich guitars is, as I know a lot of people hate on them all the time,, but ive been an owner of an NJ Deluxe Jr. V for the last 6 months or so, and its a great guitar for metal. Its an original Floyd Rose bridge, with EMG's and a mahogany body.

I definitely love the thing...just throwing it out there.
I could drop some guitar brand names here. You should rather be looking at the build of the guitar. Look for a guitar with a mahogany body, maple or mahogany set neck. Just get a guitar that is built well and is strong. Then worry about the pick ups later, that'll be where you can refine the metal sound you are looking for. Just think wood then electronics in that order.
Last edited by spiderjump at Jun 9, 2010,
if you can find a used Ibanez RGA121 (or new i guess, it wouldn't matter ) they're awesome guitars! i miss mine worked great for everything really. very diverse guitars for having only 2 humbuckers. plus they're so damn pretty
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip