I'm getting kinda tired of the sound I'm getting with my ISP Theta, which is why I'm trying to sell it.
I've been looking at a few preamps, who have integrated effects, and are also easy for recording.
The three I've looked at, in order of price (cheapest to highest) are: Digitech GSP1101, Line 6 Pod X3 Pro, and Digidesign Eleven.
I'd like to know any experience you guys have with any of these, and any other suggestions you may have.
Thank you.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
I am also looking into some additional info about the GSP1101. There are a bunch of demo videos of the amp sims on the web but there is nothing on the separate effects. I am also considering the Nova System. I would also like to know how does the GSP1101 stacks up against the Nova System on the effects. Info would be greatly appreciated.
Do you really need effects?
Because you have the Sansamp series by Tech 21 that have amazing amp modeling, I have the liverpool character, and man, I'm impressed with each time I plug it direct into a PA, it's awesome, sounds less fake than other digital units like the POD. But they don't have effects (though, they are not overpriced so if you go that way you still have money a TC Nova System to make up for this lack of effects)
Hope this helped
If you have the cash for the Eleven, I'd just buy a nice tube pre like the ADA MP-1 and a TC Electronics G-Major

Will cost about the same price used as a new X3 Pro would.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by MatrixClaw
If you have the cash for the Eleven, I'd just buy a nice tube pre like the ADA MP-1 and a TC Electronics G-Major

Will cost about the same price used as a new X3 Pro would.

Please get me out of my ignorance. Why would you need the ADA MP-1 with the G-Major? Can't you just plug in straight into the G-Major?
Quote by fcarpio
Please get me out of my ignorance. Why would you need the ADA MP-1 with the G-Major? Can't you just plug in straight into the G-Major?

The g-major isn't a preamp...it's just an effects package.
I second the ADA MP-1 and G-Major.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
If you can afford it, definately get the Eleven.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.