Is it just me who can't find any direct comparisons of different speaker types?

Could someone compare some standard guitar speakers for me? like, V30's greenbacks and popular eminence speakers? I'm really at a loss thinking about what sort of thing to look at! And i don't want recommendations for my needs etc, i literally just want a comparison between what styles they do well, their bass and treble qualities etc?

Thanks guys
TM
gonna lurk a bit in this thread. interesting subject, been having the same thoughts!
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
cool ya let me me just do that for you.
wait you can just look at the graphs for each speaker and determine that for yourself.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Rivera did a speaker comparison vid which is pretty good - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWK0sa7tlfI
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Eminence has a pretty good chart with all of their speakers with usefull information. Like what styles they are best for, closed or open back cabs, breakup point etc. You can download it on their site I think.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Eminence has a pretty good chart with all of their speakers with usefull information. Like what styles they are best for, closed or open back cabs, breakup point etc. You can download it on their site I think.

i think he wants like celestions compared to eminence speakers, i know eminince have what they sound like but he wants bass and treble an midrange qualities
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
They have a chart that shows you the exact response characteristics of each speaker on both the celestion and eminence websites.

If he was asking for recommendations that's easy. If he wants technical data it's right there.
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but it may help.

Here is the Eminence Chart that everyone it talking about but can't seem to provide you a link The chart will probably help you the most because it has direct descriptions of the treble, mid, and bass, as well as speaker break up.
Here are Eminence Tone Clips played by the same guitarist, same amp, same riffs, just different speakers.

Celestion has a "Tone Selector" but you're basically telling them what you want to do, then they offer two of their most popular speakers. I didn't think it was very helpful, but maybe you will like it better than me.
Tone Selector
Quote by AcousticMirror
They have a chart that shows you the exact response characteristics of each speaker on both the celestion and eminence websites.

If he was asking for recommendations that's easy. If he wants technical data it's right there.

Big +1

Quote by FrenchBread
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but it may help.

Here is the Eminence Chart that everyone it talking about but can't seem to provide you a link The chart will probably help you the most because it has direct descriptions of the treble, mid, and bass, as well as speaker break up.
Here are Eminence Tone Clips played by the same guitarist, same amp, same riffs, just different speakers.

Celestion has a "Tone Selector" but you're basically telling them what you want to do, then they offer two of their most popular speakers. I didn't think it was very helpful, but maybe you will like it better than me.
Tone Selector

Why should we provide links? Both Eminence and Celestion have frequency charts for all of their speakers on their sites - this shows that the TS didn't even attempt to research before making this thread. If someone is too lazy to do 5 minutes of research then they don't deserve any links - why should we all do something that they could have just as easily done themselves?
Right or wrong, he asked for help. I gave what I could. I just thought it was funny that 3 people mentioned a chart, but nobody gave the TS the link of what they were mentioning.
Quote by FrenchBread
Right or wrong, he asked for help. I gave what I could. I just thought it was funny that 3 people mentioned a chart, but nobody gave the TS the link of what they were mentioning.
t

Because of the exact reason that I said. Had they come in here asking a legit question whose answer is hard to find then we would provide him with such links. The TS created this thread because he/she is too lazy to spend 5 minutes researching something.
here let me google it for you!

yo if you don't have the wherewithal to go to a speaker website...I ain't helping you.
There's a big ass the only speaker thread right in the forum. It's got like descriptions of a zillion speakers!

I'm not here to do peoples work for them.
Quote by AcousticMirror
here let me google it for you!

yo if you don't have the wherewithal to go to a speaker website...I ain't helping you.
There's a big ass the only speaker thread right in the forum. It's got like descriptions of a zillion speakers!

I'm not here to do peoples work for them.

Is there actually? i did search but couldn't find.

Also, to all of you saying there's technical info on the site, thats not really what i was after, i looked at that. what i wanted was a non company comparison between different manufacturers, eg, a V30 vs a guv'nor (if thats what its spelt like). But i'll look for myself then.

Thanks for your help those who did!

TM
i mean look for speaker demos online.
like riveratv has one.
other then that it's really subjective.
those info sheets are technically accurate across speaker brands.
currently my cab runs Warehouse guitar speakers (one V30 and one GT-65) and it sounds amazing to my ears. just as great a sound of any cab i hear from the local players.

the V30 has a very tight and agressive sound; a lot of midrange, and sometimes a harsh top end, however the warehouse brand has eliminated the harshness asociated with buying a new celestion as it is very smoothed out. the Gt-65 has oozing bottom end that is very thick and creamy, great clean replication compared to the V30, a little more scooped, and a little softer in the highs.

thats about my extent of speaker experience aside from various sheffield speakers i've used in peaveys, which all sound like total garbage compared to anything else worth buying.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?