Page 1 of 11
So, I have been a long time fan if bands like trivium, bullet for my valentine, and even some older metalcore bands. I just don't understand where these bands like devil wears prada, august burns red, and bring me the horizon fit in. I hate these bands so much, yet all the kids around where I live (fake as hell emo kids mostly) like freak out over them. I just don't understand it. And I'm not putting those bands down, i just personally can't stand them. So long story short, where do these more hardcore metalcore bands come fro
and why the hell are they so popular and cool
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"
I'm not really sure. I like underoath. Everything else like devil wears prada, attack attack, dance gavin dance, slipknot, just make me want to throw up
Quote by Rain_In_Blood
So, I have been a long time fan if bands like trivium, bullet for my valentine, and even some older metalcore bands. I just don't understand where these bands like devil wears prada, august burns red, and bring me the horizon fit in. I hate these bands so much, yet all the kids around where I live (fake as hell emo kids mostly) like freak out over them. I just don't understand it. And I'm not putting those bands down, i just personally can't stand them. So long story short, where do these more hardcore metalcore bands come fro

Bold: Their towns.

Underline: Because of the internet and cartoony band shirts mostly...
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Because some people like them? This has to be the most ignorant thread I've ever seen...
Quote by JayLacelle
Because some people like them? This has to be the most ignorant thread I've ever seen...

awww, is someone offended, I never said the bands are terrible, just that I don't like them. Don't get your panties in a bunch
The first sentence of your paragraph shows you have no idea what you're talking about.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
It's quite the phenomenon, isn't it?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
The first sentence of your paragraph shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

how is that, you emo hardcore kids need to stop wearing skinny jeans, they really bunch up your panties
Quote by Rain_In_Blood

Quote by JayLacelle
Because some people like them

Quote by Rain_In_Blood
I never said the bands are terrible, just that I don't like them.

You really are thick.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Why did someone just compare Attack attack to slipknot !?

and TS, what is it abour August Burns Red you don't like, I think they are one of the better metalcore acts around at the moment
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Rain_In_Blood
how is that, you emo hardcore kids need to stop wearing skinny jeans, they really bunch up your panties

I don't like any of the bands you listed except for ABR, but saying BFMV and Trivium are the shining examples of metalcore shows how little you know of the genre.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
HARD
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
hey man, i don't listen to metal core, but I've heard quite a lot metal core bands and I don't think that trivium and bullet for my valentine are metal core, trivium si trash metal band, that is a fact, and bfmv is also approaching to that genre... definitely not metal core...
Jesus Christ, you're all idiots.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Shredx
Why did someone just compare Attack attack to slipknot !?

and TS, what is it abour August Burns Red you don't like, I think they are one of the better metalcore acts around at the moment

oh, that comment was definately an accident as I have nothing against august burns red, I was just listening to them actually
Quote by I6or
hey man, i don't listen to metal core, but I've heard quite a lot metal core bands and I don't think that trivium and bullet for my valentine are metal core, trivium si trash metal band, that is a fact, and bfmv is also approaching to that genre... definitely not metal core...

well yeah, trivium and bfmv are way more thrash oriented
Quote by Rain_In_Blood
well yeah, trivium and bfmv are way more thrash oriented

Bitch you be trollin
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by UntoExistence
god. listen to ember to inferno. super generic metalcore from guess who

yes embers is full on metalcore, but that's it for them (maybe a little bit on ascendancy)
Quote by salgala2000
I'm not really sure. I like underoath. Everything else like devil wears prada, attack attack, dance gavin dance, slipknot, just make me want to throw up

I like underoath. Everything else like devil wears prada, attack attack, dance gavin dance, slipknot, just make me want to throw up

Everything else like devil wears prada, attack attack, dance gavin dance, slipknot

You sir, clearly, do not know what you are talking about
Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

Who are all of you?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Rain_In_Blood

Oh will you please get the fuck out of here.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by Rain_In_Blood

you've said that twice, and it was lame to begin with.

also, how do i know you're an acne-riddled fat 14 year old boy?

i'm not even going to bother replying to this thread. just know that you are wrong in every way.

and where do all these new people come from!!!!
Quote by scaryfried

also, how do i know you're an acne-riddled fat 14 year old boy?

Basically every Trivium fan I know summed up.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I think this is the best laugh I've gotten in the Hardcore forum since we tried to start the One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish band in the Of Mice and Men thread.

Just...wow.
Quote by Rain_In_Blood
awww, is someone offended, I never said the bands are terrible, just that I don't like them. Don't get your panties in a bunch

No i'm not offended because I don't like them either. What I'm saying is that asking "why is band x so popular? i hate them bla bla bla..." is idiotic and asking to be flamed.
I find it really hard to believe this guy isn't a troll.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
I find it really hard to believe this guy isn't a troll.

Not a troll, just a complete moron.

TS, I'm going to give you a serious word of advice:

Not everyone has the same opinions as you. Different strokes for different folks. Next time keep your fits to yourself and NOT create a thread about.
Quote by Rain_In_Blood

STFU, all the bands you like suck too, so I wouldn't be talking if I was you.

Honestly, you like BYMV and Trivium, and then you slag off DWP?

EDIT - nvm, pretty sure he's trolling.
Last edited by technicolour at Jun 9, 2010,
I dunno, DWP IS pretty bad.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by JayLacelle

please stfu
Quote by bdof
please stfu

lolwut?

It definitely IS one of the most ignorant threads I've seen here.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!