Hey guys.

I've been playing guitar for about 2 years, and I'm alright, I guess
I've never really had anyone to jam with as I live kinda on the outskirts of my town.
I'm pretty close with my brother, and we're interested in the same music. I know he'd love guitar or bass, and I have spare ones lying around, and I'd love if he took it up, we could jam!

I always mention it to him but he says "I'm never good at instruments."

Anyone give me any advice on how I could attract him to the instrument?

cheers Pit!
give him a lesson. Teach him power chords.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Don't force anyone into something like guitar. If they don't want to play, they're not going to. Guitar is something you have to have an interest in to start it IMO. He'll come around asking you if he has any interest at all. If you expose him to it often, the interest might grow.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jun 9, 2010,
show him something real easy like some beginner-level stuff from his favorite band and tell him he'd be able to learn this. that anyone can learn to play the guitar/bass. encourage him
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
Show him the Pit.

Oh wait, you want him to take up guitar? Nevermind.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Haha, thanks guys! Yeah, I tried teaching him some power chords but he didn't seem interested, but he was pretty good! I guess he always has a busy schedule but he might try some time And I already showed him the pit, that's the only part of guitar he likes :P
Quote by hetfieldaaaah
Haha, thanks guys! Yeah, I tried teaching him some power chords but he didn't seem interested, but he was pretty good! I guess he always has a busy schedule but he might try some time And I already showed him the pit, that's the only part of guitar he likes :P

Bad move. Now you have to help him get rid of the Pit addiction if you want him to take up a musical instrument or ever succeed in life
NOOOOOOONNONONONOOOO Way to many people play Guitar! It's so hard nowadays to find bassists and drummers, make him learn bass!
Wait until he's out. Cover the walls, ceiling and floor in pictures of guitars and printed out tabs.

Wait behind the door, and when he comes in, follow him around playing the exorcist theme on guitar.

Also, write "learn guitar" on the walls over and over in your blood.

OT: Just ask if he'd be interested in learning. If not, he's not going to. Simples.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter: