As the title says I'm no longer amazed by pod farm. I find everything I create to be lackluster as far as tone goes. Are there any other programs that do a better high gain sound?

p.s. If any of you have some pod tones to convince me otherwise, please share!
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
the FREE amps by Acmebargig, LePou, Nick Crow, etc are all quality sims - check out Acmebargig's SHRED
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by Eryth
Amplitube 3. /Thread

Not by a long shot, Amplitube is like the worst amp sim program on the planet
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Pod Farm only gets old if you stick to using the same tones over and over again

I try to have some variety when I do recordings (not to say I don't have favourties though )
Quote by ibanezshred503
use less gain then you think you need and just dual track. Gain stacks. If you play tight you will get a good result.

Ibanez...absolutely +1

KM
Quote by lockwolf
Not by a long shot, Amplitube is like the worst amp sim program on the planet

Version 3? Nonsense.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Guitar Rig 4. Their Impluses are shit so make your own of some nice cabs and you can get some seriously legit tone
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
Quote by drawnacrol
Here are some you should check out

Softube Metal Amp Room
Guitar Rig
Ampiltube
Revalver
Overloud TH1
Waves GTR

+1 For the bolded.

-1 for underlined.
Revalver kicks the shit out of everything.... I thought amplitube 3 was good until I tried revalver. It really captures the moving air of a mic'd cab. I can't even explain it's awesomeness :P

They have a $100 version of mostly high gain amps too. Go down the demo, the presets can be a little iffy but mess around with it.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Quote by strangedogs
the FREE amps by Acmebargig, LePou, Nick Crow, etc are all quality sims - check out Acmebargig's SHRED
This and TSE.
Quote by Volta_91
Version 3? Nonsense.

They must have done a lot of changes between Version 2 and Version 3. Version 2 was absolute shit on a stick.
AT3 is a really great Sim - best of the bunch and you no longer need X-Gear as all the Amplitubes can load into it. I love the new Rotary Cabs and the noise Gate is one of the best around. Also the Stereo Amp options are really nice too.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
AT3 is a really great Sim - best of the bunch and you no longer need X-Gear as all the Amplitubes can load into it. I love the new Rotary Cabs and the noise Gate is one of the best around. Also the Stereo Amp options are really nice too.

Yes but is it different between 2 and 3? I thought 2 was shit so I'm a little curious why everyone is like "OMG! AMPLITUBE 3!"