I am looking for a new guitar. I listen to Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera, Dream Theater, Judas Priest, Lamb of God, Symphony X, Motörhead, Testament, etc. Basically thrash and (rarely) prog metal where I would occasionally need to use clean. I need a neck-through, an original Floyd, 24 frets, and it would need inlays. It needs a very metal look. Try to keep it under $1000. I was gonna go for the BC Rich Warbeast, but I sorta need inlays (because I'm so used to them, and will be lost without). Thanks in advance!

PS: Don't suggest to get the warbeast and mark the frets, because I am way too sloppy a person to do that, and wouldn't want to mess up a $800 guitar!
Last edited by CapnPuff at Jun 9, 2010,
B.C. Rich Kerry King V or JR. V IT (the second is abnout 780$)
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
i think you might actually like the sound of a MusicMan. Google em
White/Cream Faded 1966 Stratocaster
100 Watt All-Tube JVM410H
1960 Lead Cab-B
-------------------------------------------------
Why would you be lost without inlays? All the guitars I've ever seen have dots on the side ofthe fret boat in the same places the inlays would be
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by Koshman32
Why would you be lost without inlays? All the guitars I've ever seen have dots on the side ofthe fret boat in the same places the inlays would be

Because I'm so used to looking at the frets as I play instead of the side of the guitar, so it's just preference really
BC Rich NJ Deluxe JR. V

an incredible guitar for a great price, learn to play by feel as well as sight.

as for needing inlays, learn to do it by memory more as if you ever play live it will help and also not limit you to guitars with inlays

just so you know also almost ALL guitars have markers down the side.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
BC Rich NJ Deluxe JR. V

an incredible guitar for a great price, learn to play by feel as well as sight.

as for needing inlays, learn to do it by memory more as if you ever play live it will help and also not limit you to guitars with inlays

just so you know also almost ALL guitars have markers down the side.

Yeah I know almost all guitars have markers on the side (I've been to Sam Ash quite a few times and haven't seen one without :P), and yeah I love the look of the v guitars, I may get this, and try to learn to play with the side markers, or maybe (maybe...) learn to play the frets by memory. Personally, I think guitars with inlays look better IMHO, but I respect everyone's opinion.
of course personal opinion matters at the end of the day its tur guitar but its something that you should defo work on as some gorgeous guitars arent avaliable with them,

i too prefer nice inlays too lol

my first tatoo is going to be the PRS birds so go figure

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
this first one is great for metal and has the look and most of the things you want but its right on your budget and if you don't like A7X you might not want it: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Synyster-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518485

This is another great guitar and a little cheaper,but it does not have a floyd rose but check it out if you want: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-EGEN8-Herman-Li-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=584118

Hope i helped
I really dislike b.c. rich's and dean guitars. too me they're not made with the quality of other manufactures like esp, schecter, ibanez, washburn etc... If you spend more you'll get a good guitar but nothing better than a 800 schecter or ibanez.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Schecter Hellraiser V-1 FR is a pretty metal looking guitar that fits your specs pretty nicely (24 frets, OFR). Only thing missing is the neckthrough (cause it's not, it's a set neck), though the only difference would be the amount of sustain, and even then it's not that major an issue. Just something to consider.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix