I need some help/clarification on speaker wiring from some people more knowledgeable than myself. I feel like everything I've found in my research hasn't been quite adequate for me to just wire speakers for the first time.

Anyway, I have two 4 x 12 cabs, one is a Carvin Legacy with 16 ohm speakers wired at 16 ohms. I also have a Raven with their 'custom' (lol) speakers, they don't have any writing on them but the total cab impedance is 4 ohms.

They are wired like this

What I want to know is if I can wire either of these with 2 8ohm inputs. I think this is possible with the Carvin if I wire the speakers in parallel as 2 separate sets of 2 speakers, and each set would give me 8 ohms?

Thanks anyone who can help.
I have a huge fear if rays.
I don't really understand your diagram...some speakers have 3 or 4 different connection on them and aren't labeled D:

But the carvin has four 16 ohm speakers
right now they're in series-parallel; giving you 16 ohms
you can have two pairs of speakers, each in parallel. That'll give you two sets of 8 ohms like you said

if you can, measure the resistance of a single unhooked speaker from the other cab to be sure of tue impedance.. But chances are they're four 16ohm speakers all in parallel to give 4 ohms total

if that's the case, you can wire them like you'd wire the speakers in the carvin

Why do you need 2 pairs of 8 ohms from each cab, anyway?
The black/red are supposed to be the negative/positive. But yeah on the Raven one that's how it is, everything is connected to everything else I guess.

I have two heads that I want to run together, one of which is a single rectifier and only has an 8 ohm output. I only need this for one cab, I really just didn't know for sure if it would be possible to do it with both.

I should've looked up how to measure ohms hah... I almost forgot I even had a multimeter too. Thanks for your help.
I have a huge fear if rays.