I've always loved guitars (but never could afford one) and I always thought games like Guitar Hero were just a waste of time. However, I've lately read an article that said those games were great to improve your hearing and some other things which were great in case you ever started playing a guitar.

Then, today, I saw this offer:

http://www.focalprice.com/GW259B/Wireless_Guitar_Legends_of_Rock_Crazy_Guitar_Black.html

Basically they offer the guitar without the game for 50$. I'm sure I'll easily find one that suits ps2, and at that price, I might consider buying that guitar and getting a "guitar hero backup".

Regardless of that, do they really help? are they really worth it?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by riseagainst! at Jun 9, 2010,
may aswell spen that 50 dollars on a shit guitar, better than guitar hero and generally better than playin playstation all day haha
As a Guitar Hero addict, let me be the first to say that any benefit from the game is irrelevant.
Oh great. Another thread full of GH haters.

Honestly, it won't make you better, but on days when I don't play guitar, it keeps my fingers limber, which I find actually does help my fingers from slowing down.

Let's put it this way:

Real guitar > Guitar Hero > Not playing at all
Last edited by archangels666 at Jun 9, 2010,
True, but...

Buying a cheap guitar > Buying guitar hero
Most of my grindcore inspiration comes from my hard drive.
yup, but buying a cheap guitar that will probably break in short and without anyone to teach me... I know I should really buy a real guitar, but I don't I have enough time to seriously learn how to play it.

So, noone thinks they do any good to you right?
The only thing that I could say it helps is finger dexterity. You would still have to teach your fingers to deal with strings, but I'd say it would put at a higher starting point than someone with slow, lumbering fingers.
I bought Guitar Hero the same time my dad bought me a starter pack Squier thing, and GH really did help me get used to holding the guitar and strumming up and down, but that's about it.

It's also the main thing that introduced me to music, but that's besides the point.

Personally, I think you should just get a 50$ guitar. Learn theory.
Any activity that co-ordinates the movement of the fingers on your left hand with your right hand will be in some way beneficial to your co-ordination. Overall, the benefit will probably be barely noticeable, but it will help.

But no, it's no substitute for actually playing the guitar.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by riseagainst!
yup, but buying a cheap guitar that will probably break in short and without anyone to teach me... I know I should really buy a real guitar, but I don't I have enough time to seriously learn how to play it.

So, noone thinks they do any good to you right?

get a real guitar.
I doubt you could break a guitar, regardless of how cheap it is. Saving a bit and getting a starter guitar will do a lot more good than dropping 50 bucks now on a guitar hero guitar.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
The game isn't really beneficial, but it's fun anyway.
Still, real guitar is better.
Newbie of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Quote by genghisgandhi
They don't help at all.

If you want to jump around and pretend you're a rockstar, get a game.

If you want to write stuff (and impress t3h wiminz,) get a cheap guitar and learn.

This.

Except I don't impress teh womenz becasue they seem to be more impressed by people who can play guitar hero on expert.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jun 9, 2010,