Hey guys, I always used Audacity for my mulitiple recordings but for some reason when I record an added track, the first track is silent, as before I could always hear it. Any idea why this is happening?

Also, are there any other programs like this? I tried MixPad Audio but when I record all tracks, they all seem to clutter and goes out of timing.
Cheers,
I'm using Reaper and it's pretty good so far. Even though it says it's a thirty-day trial, apparently you can keep using the program for free even after 30 days are up. It's worth a shot.
Quote by iro-bot31
I'm using Reaper and it's pretty good so far. Even though it says it's a thirty-day trial, apparently you can keep using the program for free even after 30 days are up. It's worth a shot.

Word, I know some engineers who use reaper for their professional paid work.

It's a bit more complex than audacity, but definitely worth learning.
Think of Audacity as a squire or lower end Epiphones (like the $100 LP Juniors). Its great for starting with but you're never going to go play a sold out world tour with one. You'll learn how to play with it and maybe play a school talent show or something. With Audacity, its great to learn the basics of recording but you aren't going to record grammy winning albums with it (now that I said that, someone will do it next year). You'll learn how to use it and maybe record a demo but thats about it.

I'd look into Reaper. Its "free" and a great step between a full on studio and something to record a demo with.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp