Hi folks, another song. this is one of the few of our songs in Drop D, so I tried hard to avoid any typical pitfalls of drop tuning writing I tend to do

You all know the drill. I'm good with crits. you get what you give boys. HAVE AT IT
Attachments:
Doppelganger.zip
has a terrible signature.
WOW.

Really good. Im going to cover this. Because this song is VERY well done and VERY well arranged. Great job.
Impressive metalcore, it reminded me of Unearth, though a bit simpler than that.
I normally dont crit' songs on here unless I have some material of my own up, but this damn impressive. It reminded me alot of A7x, especially the chorus and solo. Which I'm guessing by your username, may have been somewhat intentional.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
thanks for all the kindwords guys

Quote by Carl6661
I normally dont crit' songs on here unless I have some material of my own up, but this damn impressive. It reminded me alot of A7x, especially the chorus and solo. Which I'm guessing by your username, may have been somewhat intentional.

lol yeah, that's a huge influence on me. I actually jacked half my username from you (the austyn part was from a Youtube user I saw) back when I lurked this forum hard. but yeah, that means a lot from you, almost everything I hear from you is amazing. thanks man

i'm open to any other posts still guys, and I always return.
has a terrible signature.
Wow! It wasn't anything super technical with a thousand notes per minute with time signatures everywhere, but it was an extremely well written song. I agree with Carl6661, very remeniscent of A7X, almost sounds like something you'd hear on City of Evil. A few things that I wasn't too fond of:

The drums got really boring and repetitive, especially during the verses. The verses in general were repetitive, but I think that could be cured if you gave the drums a different beat somewhere in there, instead of just the bass snare bass snare thing.

The solos were kind of dissapointing for me, I expected a bit more considering you did a great job of building the tension all the way to the climax (solos). Maybe make the solos more epic?

Other than those things, you've got a great song there. I thought the clean outro was brilliant too.
Pretty nice, I loved the lead work especially! The clean bridge was cool as well. I didn't like the chorus as much, it sounded too happy for me x) but congrats, it's a tight piece.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
not my cup of tea at all, but still very well executed. good mix of melodic and thrashy and groovy.

that acoustic outro felt unnecessary, i could really only see it fitting in a full-length album context. live, or even on an EP, i'd leave it off.
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.
Wow. I'll bet that really kicks butt with vocals! The guitar did get repetitive sometimes, but I just skipped ahead when that happened, because I knew the vocals were mostly meant to go there. I really enjoyed the chorus, and when you came out of that clean bridge I think I got chills Great job, man!