Whats that thing/person that makes you want to keep playing and practicing for like hours on hours or work on something for weeks on end ?
Donnell McKnignt
Wanting to be able to play like Stuart Zender.

I wish, but really just wanting to better myself as a musician and really achieve something with music.
Quote by yenkosc

I wish, but really just wanting to better myself as a musician and really achieve something with music.

Also wanting to be on par with all my influences and play some badass tunes.
Quote by DonnellMcKnight
Whats that thing/person that makes you want to keep playing and practicing for like hours on hours or work on something for weeks on end ?

all my favorite songs/pieces of music.

Listening to them, playing them, singing them, appreciating them ...... thats what keeps me going.

Im not so concerned with being as good as anyone else. It's more important to me to enjoy the experience, which I know has a positive impact on my abilities anyway.

& creating music of-course.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jun 9, 2010,
Quote by GuitarMunky

Listening to them, playing them, singing them, appreciating them ...... thats what keeps me going.

Im not so concerned with being as good as anyone else. It's more important to me to enjoy the experience, which I know has a positive impact on my abilities anyway.

+ infinity
Quote by GuitarMunky

in addition to this, legacy. more than anything else, i want to be remembered as a composer.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by AeolianWolf
in addition to this, legacy. more than anything else, i want to be remembered as a composer.

^ good call. Id by lying if I said I wouldn't like that too.
shred is gaudy music
I think I have this obsession with being as good as I can possibly be at w/e instrument...and that usually keeps me going for hours and hours

Other than that...well, it's just fun to me, I love music, and it's fun to be able to play it...and it's fun to be good at playing music, it's a rare skill that everyone can appreciate
Improving. That's all. If you practice every day you can hear improvements in your own voice every week. That's my main drive. After that it's playing gigs and watching everyone's heads turn towards you when you start singing. Now I am striving for the time where I start getting regular complements on my singing, like I do on the guitar. Hopefully by the end of the year.

And I used to have the aim to write a song that you're remembered for, until someone pointed out that I already have. I wrote an anthem for my home town, and now everyone knows the words. The entire pub can burst into singing it randomly, which is a weird experience. Maybe writing and singing a more serious song, one that can make people cry.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Munky, Wolf, it's like we were separated at birth.

*group hug*

i love you guys.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by AlanHB

And I used to have the aim to write a song that you're remembered for, until someone pointed out that I already have. I wrote an anthem for my home town, and now everyone knows the words. The entire pub can burst into singing it randomly, which is a weird experience. Maybe writing and singing a more serious song, one that can make people cry.

That's pretty sweet to be honest.

Also I agree with pretty much everyone else.