I need to create an ambient with no air resistance. That would cause a feather and a penny to fall to the floor at the same time if thrown from the same place. The problem is, I dont know how to create that "ambient" D: The main idea is to place the feather and the penny inside of a tube, take away the air from it and then seal the tube, but i dont know how to take away the air from the tube. Any sugestion?
get a tube and a valve that only lets air go one way
use vaccuum to suck the air out
no air can get back in due to the valve
and then ill let you figure out how to make the 2 things drop.

i really have no idea.
good luck though
You have to create a vacuum chamber for physics class in high school?

Your best bet would be to get some PVC pipe and make sure both ends are pretty tightly sealed then used a vacuum cleaner to pump out the air, but odds are it won't be a perfect seal.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

you could use one of those storage space saving vacuum bags. and put it around a pipe so it holds its shape? iono
I'm pretty sure a standard vacuum cleaner won't be strong enough to totally evacuate anything... maybe a very small chamber, but nothing big enough to do what you need. You will need a serious pump to get the results you want, and that's not the sort of thing that people have lying around their houses...
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Nasa Ftw.
April is the cruellest month, breeding Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing Memory and desire, stirring Dull roots with spring rain
Quote by Doonan
you could use one of those storage space saving vacuum bags. and put it around a pipe so it holds its shape? iono

That won't work. Think about it - the vacuum bags don't retain same internal volume, they crush down, meaning that it's not so difficult to git rid of most of the air inside. But when the volume doesn't decrease, the pressure drops very fast and the pump needs to be pretty strong to do that.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

I really hope your teacher doesn't want an incredibly airtight sealed chamber. As stated above that's mostly impossible without some serious equipment. Check Youtube for physics experiments and you'll see a lot on there. Just figure out how they're made.
Finally - when was the last time you went to a physics forum to ask about guitars?

Quote by seemeel
Finally - when was the last time you went to a physics forum to ask about guitars?

Considering that physics is the reason why guitars make sound, I'd imagine guitars pop up quite often on physics forums. Either ways, this is The Pit.
To create the trigger mechanism to let go of the feather and penny at the same time, attach equal amounts of magnet to each thing and then use a large magnet on the other side of the vacuum to hold them in place. Remove magnet to make objects fall down.

You could also try and freeze the container which will reduce the size of the air particles inside but not necessarily remove the air.
::::::Cherry Epiphone Les Paul Standard Custom Shop With Bigsby:::::
::::::Vox AC15VR::::::
Last edited by iTim at Jun 10, 2010,