Page 1 of 3
What are some things that happened to you as a kid that'll stick with you forever?

I remember back when I was like... I have no idea. Still in elementary so it was a shit long time ago.

I used to live on a chicken farm.

Anyways, it was a usual ritual to go look at the baby chickens whenever they are brought in.

It's like, millions of cute yellow furballs running around and chirping everywhere.

Was great.

And they'd like, follow you around.

Well, this one time, I accidentally stepped on a baby chick.

Yes.

It was horrible.

I felt it, and didn't step down all the way.

I took a few quick steps forward and looked back.

There it was on the ground, the baby chick with it's mushed body on the ground and it's guts coming out.

It's head was still looking around and chirping.

I don't remember if I ever went down there and into the buildings that housed the chickens to see the new chicks after that.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
The last time an ice cream truck drove past my house... I said I wanted lime and I got rainbow.
That made me sad
Gear:

2004 PRS Swamp Ash Special
Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Quote by Momentosis
What are some things that happened to you as a kid that'll stick with you forever?

I remember back when I was like... I have no idea. Still in elementary so it was a shit long time ago.

I used to live on a chicken farm.

Anyways, it was a usual ritual to go look at the baby chickens whenever they are brought in.

It's like, millions of cute yellow furballs running around and chirping everywhere.

Was great.

And they'd like, follow you around.

Well, this one time, I accidentally stepped on a baby chick.

Yes.

It was horrible.

I felt it, and didn't step down all the way.

I took a few quick steps forward and looked back.

There it was on the ground, the baby chick with it's mushed body on the ground and it's guts coming out.

It's head was still looking around and chirping.

I don't remember if I ever went down there and into the buildings that housed the chickens to see the new chicks after that.

Oh man, that's horrible
I remember...

This one night I was on UG.

I was just lurking in the pit like I usually do.

I was listening to some music.

The awful thing was...

Momentosis made 800 million goddamn threads that night

I remember spending about $1000 on car audio (yeah I was 16, it was a lot of money for me!) and installing it all myself, and being so proud. Then less than a week later the car was broken into and all the gear ripped out, and then the car was torched. It was very sad.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
For me, it was last summer and I was helping my dad cut down and burn some trees and stuff. It had been a long day and we made a huge pile of twigs and branches and shit. My dad poured some gasoline and set it on fire. As he did, a black cat jumped out and ran away.

Note, we had already made a huge pile of stuff that's been there for awhile and were just adding more and finally burning it.

Well, my dad continued to cut down more and I had to bring them to the fire. Before I did though, I stared for awhile at the fire and just watched it. What was strange was, I could hear a high pitch noise coming out of the fire. I thought to myself that it was probably just the fire causing a whistle as they burned the pile.

The noise never stopped though.

It was there every time I came back. Eventually, I stopped to look around and saw a small furball moving on the ground, making it's way away from the fire. I went over to see what it was.

It was a tiny baby kitten.

And it was making that high pitch noise.

The hairs on it's back were slightly singed by the fire but pretty much unoticeable. It's eyes were still closed, meaning it was still quite young. Quite young indeed as it still had a stubble on it's underside, it's bellybutton.

I was in horror that the noise had stop, only coming from the kitten in my hands. So small it was, just a bit longer than the width of my hand. None of the rest of the litter had been able to escape.

I love cats and have never done anything horrible to them.

But burning a litter of newborn kittens is just unthinkable.

I'll probably remember this till my death.

I'm so sorry for bringing this up
Last edited by tyler_j at Jun 10, 2010,
Last edited by blake1221 at Jun 10, 2010,
Quote by tyler_j
For me, it was last summer and I was helping my dad cut down and burn some trees and stuff. It had been a long day and we made a huge pile of twigs and branches and shit. My dad poured some gasoline and set it on fire. As he did, a black cat jumped out and ran away.

Note, we had already made a huge pile of stuff that's been there for awhile and were just adding more and finally burning it.

Well, my dad continued to cut down more and I had to bring them to the fire. Before I did though, I stared for awhile at the fire and just watched it. What was strange was, I could hear a high pitch noise coming out of the fire. I thought to myself that it was probably just the fire causing a whistle as they burned the pile.

The noise never stopped though.

It was there every time I came back. Eventually, I stopped to look around and saw a small furball moving on the ground, making it's way away from the fire. I went over to see what it was.

It was a tiny baby kitten.

And it was making that high pitch noise.

The hairs on it's back were slightly singed by the fire but pretty much unoticeable. It's eyes were still closed, meaning it was still quite young. Quite young indeed as it still had a stubble on it's underside, it's bellybutton.

I was in horror that the noise had stop, only coming from the kitten in my hands. So small it was, just a bit longer than the width of my hand. None of the rest of the litter had been able to escape.

I love cats and have never done anything horrible to them.

But burning a litter of newborn kittens is just unthinkable.

I'll probably remember this till my death.

I'm so sorry for bringing this up

wow that pretty much ruined my day before it even started
Quote by bbetances
wow that pretty much ruined my day before it even started

It was another once of Momentosis' animal killing stories he brought up.
It's so sad
What a surprise.

Yet another Momentosis thread that involves him apparently injuring or killing some animal in some way.

You're like Fassa meets Davrossss. You make a million threads trolling people about stupid shit.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I saw a chick fall off a galloping horse and split her head open, my friends and I thought it was hilarious. It was actually pretty horrific when I think about it.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
i had a shot gun pulled on me when i went to my friends place they were looking for a new house to move into i was about 8 or 9 and we went to this fairly new house which had a small shack about a kilometre from the house the kids at the house were like lets go to the shack so we did we went down there thru the door now before i go any further i have lived on a farm all my life and know more then enough about guns and what they can do to things, now back to the story so i got to the shack went thru the glass sliding door i turned left and had a 12 gauge double barrel shot gun in it so i screamed like a bitch and ran back to the house the fastest ive ever ran in my life 1 kilometre in like 30 secs worst part is my friends parents didnt give a shit so i sat there scared shitless i was about to die while i was watching dragon ball z ever since when a friend asks me over i get a really bad feeling and try to think of reasons why not to then i usually dont end up going and miss out on all the fun. good to get that out maybe someone will give a shit seriously it happened to me dont joke about it, it really ****s you up for a long time
The day I read this thread filled with another story which I don't believe is true...Thanks
Quote by ginger ninja102
i had a shot gun pulled on me when i went to my friends place they were looking for a new house to move into i was about 8 or 9 and we went to this fairly new house which had a small shack about a kilometre from the house the kids at the house were like lets go to the shack so we did we went down there thru the door now before i go any further i have lived on a farm all my life and know more then enough about guns and what they can do to things, now back to the story so i got to the shack went thru the glass sliding door i turned left and had a 12 gauge double barrel shot gun in it so i screamed like a bitch and ran back to the house the fastest ive ever ran in my life 1 kilometre in like 30 secs worst part is my friends parents didnt give a shit so i sat there scared shitless i was about to die while i was watching dragon ball z ever since when a friend asks me over i get a really bad feeling and try to think of reasons why not to then i usually dont end up going and miss out on all the fun. good to get that out maybe someone will give a shit seriously it happened to me dont joke about it, it really ****s you up for a long time

Yeah, I've had something similar happen to me a few years back.
It looked fake, but I wasn't too keen on testing it out, if you know what I mean.
Quote by ginger ninja102

dunno about this. last year i was hangin with a old friend. his grandpas "shed" was filled with guns, and some handpacked ammo. My buddy, who I had not seen in years, had the .44 magnum, I had the .38 special. First time I've held a gun, and I tell you what, I'd love to move somewhere that is more tolerable to guns. (I'm up in the Nor'east)

tl;dr: guns are cool, mkay?
Quote by ginger ninja102

Punctuation.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

EDIT: Wow, that made me sound like a dick.
Last edited by AfroVic at Jun 10, 2010,
Quote by AfroVic
Punctuation.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

EDIT: Wow, that made me sound like a dick.

Yeah it did. Everyone knows it's, "Fucking punctuation, how does it work?"
@ bbetances i love guns dont get me wrong i still go shootin often just that i dont trust people to much anymore especially if we have friends over and we get the guns out ya know plus i live in australia so the laws here are just bullshit
Quote by ginger ninja102
@ bbetances i love guns dont get me wrong i still go shootin often just that i dont trust people to much anymore especially if we have friends over and we get the guns out ya know plus i live in australia so the laws here are just bullshit

I wouldn't worry about guns there buddy, your probably going to die because of all the damn power plants there.

I disagree with the laws being bullshit, i think they are set perfectly.
Quote by ginger ninja102

I understand that but you'd be surprised @ how many people understand how powerful guns are. The kid I was with was the goofiest SOB I know, but when it came to handling a gun, everyone knew what to do. I guess it's all about how you feel when the situation arises. If the people you are with know how to handle a firearm properly, then you wouldn't have had the experience you had?
true some people know what to do but most people know you dont point a gun at someone cause i couldnt tell if it was loaded or not and was gonna stick around to see if the kid i just new had any common sense
Getting cut from all those sports teams...

It hurt for a day, before the binge-eating kicked in.
THE ARNOLD PALMER SPECIAL
Quote by ginger ninja102
true some people know what to do but most people know you dont point a gun at someone cause i couldnt tell if it was loaded or not and was gonna stick around to see if the kid i just new had any common sense

Understandable. Even up here, the rule when I hung out at the gun club was, "always treat it like it's loaded."
Quote by Garco
Getting cut from all those sports teams...

It hurt for a day, before the binge-DRINKING kicked in.

more like it
Quote by TheChaz
Yeah it did. Everyone knows it's, "Fucking punctuation, how does it work?"

Yeah but then it doesn't flow to smoothville.
I was on holiday in Australia (already I'm shuddering at this alone), and we were going to some island off the coast in Brisbane. Can't remember what it was called, was some Aboriginal sounding name. I must've been about six years old.

Anyway on the ferry across (was a small boat, not really a ferry) the guy driving the boat was this fat American. He yelled to me, "You want some candeh boi?". Naturally I was like yes please. He then shouted, "Well ya can't have any!!!" and turned around and kept steering the boat. Wtf. What an asshole.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Quote by ginger ninja102
the fastest ive ever ran in my life 1 kilometre in like 30 secs

That's, like, 120 kph or 75 mph... You run about 3 times as fast as Usain Bolt, and sustain it for 10 times as long... I am in awe.

Note: 100 m in WR time of 9.58 s = 37.58 kph (average speed)

Moral of the story: don't use quantifiable data in exaggerations, cos some engineer or scientist with nothing better to do will call you on it!

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Quote by AfroVic
Punctuation.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

yeah thats why i put like in to show that it was like i went that fast i wasn gonna stop and clock myself lol
We went to some pub in the French alps when we went skiing as a family because there was a Blues Brothers tribute band on. First problem was that they changed the lyrics to be highly sexual, which made me feel a bit uncomfortable at the time. I was 12 but my parents were there so it felt awkward even though I don't think they noticed.. Then some drunk French guy came and wanted to dance with me. I nearly cried.

Quote by AfroVic
The last time an ice cream truck drove past my house... I said I wanted lime and I got rainbow.

I don't even use the ice cream van anymore because the lady who drove it stopped outside my house every day and she was mega cool, but now there's some man and he barely stops around here. Stupid bastard.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
We went to some pub in the French alps when we went skiing as a family because there was a Blues Brothers tribute band on. First problem was that they changed the lyrics to be highly sexual, which made me feel a bit uncomfortable at the time. I was 12 but my parents were there so it felt awkward even though I don't think they noticed.. Then some drunk French guy came and wanted to dance with me. I nearly cried.

I don't even use the ice cream van anymore because the lady who drove it stopped outside my house every day and she was mega cool, but now there's some man and he barely stops around here. Stupid bastard.

I haven't seen one since I was about 6 or 7.
When a string on my electric guitar broke for the first time.
i thought it was broke so i became really desperate and hoped my father wouldn't notice, and when he did he said : you know the guitar isnt actually ruined we just have to put on a new string.
and i was like oh....

i was only 8 at the time
ohh this thread is horrible!

Hm I can't really think of anything particularly horrific from my childhood. Maybe the time I was on a zip wire and I ran over my cousins face with my foot. Or the fact that I was cast as a slave in every single school production. Seriously. Typecasting?
Page 1 of 3