Hi guys, was wondering if anybody knew of any retrofits for the Floyd Rose that would make it more comfortable to use without the bar attached.

I really like the floyd rose system, but I never attach a bar because that thing is dangerous - it's hit my in the hand so many times on stage, and even if i fix it in the same position its pretty annoying.

Lately I've been doing some basic whammy tricks without the bar attached, just basically mid riff harmonic bends and the occasional divebomb (well as far as I can make it go down without a bar) but whenever I do i'm basically resting my hands along where the fine tuners are and I'm worried that I might detune a string, and it's not the most comfortable.

So once again anyone knows any retrofits for the Floyd Rose that would make it more comfortable to use without the bar attached?

Marty
Marty

this is the only that comes to my mind,but it is only for 7 strings,its not for sale in the aftermarket and you need a modified trem system to fit it in..
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 10, 2010,
in truth the fine tuners should not be a worry. They shouldn't be so loose that the slightest touch can mess them up. Also the tuning differences are very small so you shouldn't have a problem.

if you mean however pressing down on the bridge and your strings go out of tune that is simply something you have to work around.

The system is designed however to deal with the way many people play and its hard to imagine they would not solved problems over the decades.

My suggestion is not to worry about it and simply practice more with it.
If the bridge really bugs you you can simply block the bridge which is simple and reversible and essentially makes your guitar a fixed bridge.
Quote by archenemyfan

this is the only that comes to my mind,but it is only for 7 strings,its not for sale in the aftermarket and you need a modified trem system to fit it in..

That's exactly what I want... shame.
Marty