I've just been offered a tiny terror + $600 for my engl screamer head. My tastes have changed from black dahlia murder and all shall perish to kasabian and mgmt. I hear that the tiny terror is quite vintage voiced but I should still be able to get bloc party and kasabian tones without much hassle right?
Does the tiny terror have a clean channel/can get clean tones?
They don't need to be superb by any means, they just need to be achievable.

cheers lads,
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Keep your screamer man, its a much better amp. The TT is a one trick pony
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Last edited by JoePerry4life at Jun 10, 2010,
I don't have the free time to put towards guitar that I used to. The screamer never gets turned up and doesn't get used for the heavy tones that its built for.
The $600 and a fair amp is quite tempting...
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Didn't realize eh was gonna give you 600 as well lol.

Well. Try out the TT first though. Its clean channel is not loud because it breaks up easily.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
My advice: stick with the ENGL...
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
in my opinion, a "modern rock" or "classic rock" sound actually depends more on your recording setup than the amp itself.

true, only some amps would make the cut for what the general public calls "modern rock tone".

but within the region, it really depends on how you record your tone. personally, i think the TT makes an excellent modern rock piece of equipment especially when paired with british voiced speakers.

i've never played the screamer, so i can't comment on that but i really feel that the TT is worth a try.

Don't rule it out just yet.
Heh, I sold my Tiny Terror for my Screamer.

Don't do it.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yes but a screamer not turned past 1.5 or used for heavy metal is not all that far from a tiny terror is it? ... maybe the two are within $600 of each other you'd so? haha
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by forsaknazrael
I say no. I'm not a big fan of the TT.

Why can't you do modern rock on your Screamer?

+1

The Tiny Terror is a fairly muddy amp, imo. It can get some decent clean tones (Adam D. used one to record some cleans on KsE's newest album) but it just doesn't sound that good dirty.

Also, I'd think that your Screamer would be able to do rock with ease.