I am going away for college and am going to be moving into an apartment with roommates and neighbors below me, so cranking the recto whenever I want won't be an option anymore, so I am selling it. What I was wondering was, where you guys go to practice that allows you to crank a tube amp, other than home of course? If I didn't sell it, does anyone have any ideas on how i could play it? I don't think even using an attenuator will be enough either, because the lease specifies heavy restrictions on noise.

Thanks
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS Hollowbody II w/ Piezo Blue Matteo
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE
Fender John Mayer Relic strat "the black one"

did i mention i like PRS?

20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva
In your headphones...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
When you need to go above a backing track I use a set of in ear heads for my backing track and stick a set of cans on for the guitar.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
The recto only really sounds worth it's money cranked, and tube amps don't have headphone jacks, at least none I own or have owned
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Practice rooms?

Where at?
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE

buy the bugera recto copy that has variable power?
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
I crank my amps in the basement when I visit my parents, it's a town house so it's perfect ofr late at night playing because Everybody who would be sleeping is 3/4 floors up, and so even on ten they only hear a slight noise, cuz the liquid metal awesomeness is muffled by the floors above it.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
To clarify, I pretty much can't play in the house at all, so getting a smaller amp wont solve the problem
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE

Why do you need to crank a recto? I could understand maybe getting the master past 1 or 2, but cranked, seriously? Are you playing classic rock with it? I thought the whole point of the thing was to get preamp gain, and the wattage meant it was damn near impossible to crank :P
Quote by AE25RR
To clarify, I pretty much can't play in the house at all, so getting a smaller amp wont solve the problem

Get a practice amp with a headphone jack. And if you absolutely must have a nice tone while practicing for some strange reason, get a high end combo amp like this:
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I have no idea where the hell you're going. Do some research. Most towns will have practice rooms. Hell, most colleges will have them.

When I said where at I thought maybe there was a specific place that is for this situation. I'm going to Albany , new York, and their practice rooms At the college are not for high volume, and I can't store me amp and cabinet there which would make it a real pain ever time I wanted to play, which is just about every spare second of my day.
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE

Quote by AE25RR
When I said where at I thought maybe there was a specific place that is for this situation. I'm going to Albany , new York, and their practice rooms At the college are not for high volume, and I can't store me amp and cabinet there which would make it a real pain ever time I wanted to play, which is just about every spare second of my day.

It may be a pain, but if you're serious about it, you'll do it. I cart my ass 40 minutes either way to get me and my gear to practice after an 8 hour work day, with work the next day. You obviously can't play high volume where you're living and whilst the practice rooms may not be for "high volume" it'll be a damn sight louder than you can play in your room.
^ DO WANT

EDIT: Dammit, I meant the JVM.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Practice rooms?

This.

I play at reasonable volumes when at home so not to piss off the neighbours, and crank it up when doing band practice at the local practice/recording studio.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by ProgFolk12
Why do you need to crank a recto? I could understand maybe getting the master past 1 or 2, but cranked, seriously? Are you playing classic rock with it? I thought the whole point of the thing was to get preamp gain, and the wattage meant it was damn near impossible to crank :P

My master volume is around 1:30, which I guess would be around 5 on a 1-10 scale, and the higher volume does make a big difference in tone. It might as well be a line 6 when I play it low enough so that no one else will be bothered

And to answer another post, I'm cool with getting an amp with a headphone jack, but if I am never going to get to play the recto, than I might as well sell it, I'm asking where do I go to play the recto, not how to play at home
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE

Last edited by AE25RR at Jun 10, 2010,
I live in a 3rd floor apartment complex so I can't crank my amps. I have a Fender 15g that I use with headphones or I play acoustic.

My band has a practice space about 10 minutes away so my other amps and equipment are there. I can be as loud as I want because the space we rent has no noise restrictions. I'm there a few times a week.

You should do some research in the area to see if there are any spaces for rent and maybe you could split the cost with other musicians like we do. Our practice space ends up costing $12 bucks a week per person with utilities included.
Quote by larrytheguitar
^ DO WANT

EDIT: Dammit, I meant the JVM.

I know right? But forking out over 2 thousand dollars for a 2x12 is ridiculous..
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jun 10, 2010,
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I live in a 3rd floor apartment complex so I can't crank my amps. I have a Fender 15g that I use with headphones or I play acoustic.

My band has a practice space about 10 minutes away so my other amps and equipment are there. I can be as loud as I want because the space we rent has no noise restrictions. I'm there a few times a week.

You should do some research in the area to see if there are any spaces for rent and maybe you could split the cost with other musicians like we do. Our practice space ends up costing $12 bucks a week per person with utilities included.

That sounds like an awesome idea. How did u go about getting this arrangement? You rented a regular space, not specifically one for music? Just curious, if u didn't split the rent, how much would it be per month, and how big is it?
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE

Buy one of these:

ME-70 - This multi-effects pedal has any effect you might ever need. It also has a headphone jack and a bunch of amp models so you can play quietly. $300, but so worth it. You can also use it at gigs.

GT-10 - The granddaddy of multi-effects pedals, this baby does EVERYTHING. you can specifically dial in the tone you want, choose from 345367485 effects, midi output to your computer so you can just record straight to guitarpro/tuxguitar without having to tab anything, etc. Also has a headphone jack and tons of models for headphone and speaker use. Amazing pedal. $500

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking