I find my teacher really crap.
1. When he teachers me a song he usually plays it on the cd player and tries to get it down by ear by which the whole lesson is over
2. He doesn't play with a pick. So i asked him how do you hold a pick . He goes about half the pick out. =='
3. He has the right notes, but wrong position. When i say so he goes oh Kirk plays it like this live nahhnahh nahh play it like this live.
4. When i screw up he ignores it and keeps on going and saying ahh good job mate.

So you think i should get a new teacher? Because hes nice to me but cant teach for jackshizzle
Quote by hevvymetal2410
So teachers arent meant to be like that?

It doesn't sound like he really knows what he's doing. How did you find this guy? Did you get a referral from someone to go to him? You should try to do some research before just picking anyone to be your teacher. It's the same thing with picking a college- you don't just go to any just because.
You can get that kind of teacher for free on youtube... If you are paying money for a service (guitar lessons) and you don't feel your getting your money's worth then fire him and hire a new one.
There are different types of teachers teaching different music styles just as there are players. You can search online or in local music publications in your area and find one to match your style and what you are wanting to learn. Remember, when you are taking a lesson you are paying for a service. This is to help you learn. Interview the teacher PRIOR to any payments and give them a list of what it is you are wanting to learn from the lessons and see if they are capable of teaching you this. But NEVER turn down GOOD information. Some teachers will get to a certain point a different way than others.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Leave man. I had a guitar teacher that was good, but couldn't teach for shit. He knew many scales, but didn't teach me any. He started trying to improve, but it was horrible. Then he expects me to improve with him so I asked him to teach me scales. He played the scales as fast as he could and was like "That's the scale."

Finding a good guitar teacher is hard, but worth looking for.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Yeah. First lesson he asked me what music i liked and i said metal. He was a metalhead too and i thought this would work. He started me off with acdc and like he played back in black with powerchords i was like wtf. I reckon my friend whos played for 3 years is better than him. My teacher couldnt handle always with me always with you by satch ffs.
@SeeEmilyPlay yeah. My first teacher was GREAT helped me learn to switch chords when i was a nooblet. But it was too far and didnt suit my style so yeah
Quote by hevvymetal2410
@SeeEmilyPlay yeah. My first teacher was GREAT helped me learn to switch chords when i was a nooblet. But it was too far and didnt suit my style so yeah

That's too bad. I read what someone said about online lessons. I think the internet is a great source to use, but some people need that individualized lesson. I have a vocal instructor who helps me with my specific issues- something DVD's or a You Tube video can't help me with. It depends on the person.
Quote by hevvymetal2410
i can learn songs off youtube or whatever but it wont be as good as an individual teacher

So then stop wasting your money and time on this person and search for someone who's closer and works better with you. It may take some trial and error but it's a necessary process if you want the best results.
Quote by hevvymetal2410
i can learn songs off youtube or whatever but it wont be as good as an individual teacher

im totally agree with you, and we can use gitar pro software too
no the shit teacher is my second teacher and hes close. and bucketbots i love your humour mate :L
on point no.3 you said that he has play the right note but wrong position, whats that mean??
anyways thanks to all of you. ill just tell my teacher im moving houses or someshit cuz i have found an academy with a good rep