Page 1 of 75
Here we go. Some key dates:

June 25-26 NHL Entry Draft
June 1 Free Agency

Mid-September: Pre-season. Holy crap it's gonna be a long-ass summer.
Henrique > Kovalchuk > Parise
Sharks finally have a 1st in the draft! I'm sure they will draft someone as crappy as Marcel Goc
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Please get a real goalie this offseason, Philly.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
mid-september actually isn't that far away if you think about it
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
I'd like to say congratulations to the Flyers. They had a hell of a season, from getting into the playoffs on the last day of the season, all the way to coming back from 3 down (twice, in a way.) against the Bruins. They're a great team, and all they need is to make a few good offseason moves and they could be the favorites out of the East.

This really was the Hawks' year, not in any sort of stupid "destiny"-ish way, but because of the fact that they're not going to be able to afford to have that kind of depth next year. One or more of our big name players is going to be gone next year, whether that's Sharp, Byfuglien (Who I think is safe.), Versteeg, or someone else. The only names on that roster that are 100% safe are Toews, Kane, Hossa, and Niemi.

Also, I'll just leave this here, because it made me smile even bigger than I already was smiling. I don't care if you hate Hossa, you have to admit he's taken a lot of shit and it's good to see once he finally commits long-term that things pay off for him:
Quote by BreakingBnj

Belfour out of retirement?!

Nah, take Halak, Price will be Roy within 2 years anyway.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by mccabe24
Still pissed that Duncan Keith didn't win the Conn Smythe...

It's alright, I think Keith will get the Norris. Toews really did deserve the Conn Smythe, but I honestly would not have been annoyed at all if it went to Halak.
Quote by rock_star77
Belfour out of retirement?!

Nah, take Halak, Price will be Roy within 2 years anyway.

Lol. nah.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Lol. nah.

Listen, not all of us find career starters backing up for Vokoun everyday, alright?
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Go Preds and go Sens.

That is all.

Edit: Ok, mid-September. Right around my birthday, nice. It really sucks that the only sports are NBA Finals and MLB (nobody likes the MLB). Tits.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Last edited by Synyster915 at Jun 10, 2010,
Flyers will need to address their goalie issue this summer. That probably means trading for a starter. That also probably means trading Jeff Carter.

They could also use some more depth on defense. Their top 4 is pretty good right now, but if they could solidify their bottom pairing they would be in better shape.
I think we should have waited a bit to make the new thread. Mainly cause it means no more hockey

And, anyone else hear the accusations that the Stanley Cup was fixed because Obama is from Chicago? Whoever came up with it deserves a bunch in the face.

And since this is the offseason thread, I can talk about my Pens again

Looks like the Pens aren't gonna resign Gonchar, which I don't really mind, cause we have Lovejoy in the minors and he looked more than ready for the NHL, which will free money up for a winger for Crosby and/or Malkin. Poni is not resign-able in my opinion, he disappeared in the playoffs big time. I think Fedotenko is gone too.

Penguins biggest key though this offseason is finding a winger for Crosby.
Last edited by eltyr18 at Jun 10, 2010,
Any predictions for next year?

Here's a few from me:
WEST:
1. Chicago
2. San Jose
3. Vancouver
4. Nashville
5. LA
6. Colorado
7. Detroit
8. Phoenix

EAST:
1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. Ottawa
4. Philadelphia
5. New Jersey
6. Buffalo
7. Montreal
8. Toronto (For funsies.)
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Jun 10, 2010,
Quote by Rockford_rocks

Here's a few from me:
WEST:
1. Chicago
2. San Jose
3. Vancouver
4. Nashville
5. LA
6. Colorado
7. Detroit
8. Phoenix

EAST:
1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. Ottawa
4. Philadelphia
5. New Jersey
6. Buffalo
7. Montreal
8. Toronto (For funsies.)

Trust me, nobody was happier to see the Hawks win than I was. If the flyers won, Toronto would have the longest dry spell in NHL history.
Quote by Rockford_rocks

Here's a few from me:
WEST:
1. Chicago
2. San Jose
3. Vancouver
4. Nashville
5. LA
6. Colorado
7. Detroit
8. Phoenix

I would switch Colorado and Nashville, and Phoenix should def be higher I think. Assuming the same 8 teams are the top 8 two years in a row, of course, which doesn't seem likely at all.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Synyster915
Go Preds and go Sens.

That is all.

Edit: Ok, mid-September. Right around my birthday, nice. It really sucks that the only sports are NBA Finals and MLB (nobody likes the MLB). Tits.

I hope Chuck Fletcher pulls some awesome moves this off season.

Any news on where Kovalchuk is going this offseason, or if he's going to sign with the Devils?
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Quote by Unourrit01

cant wait for another first round exit for the devils

At the hands of the Flyers!

Devils should trade Marty B. to the Flyers for Hartnell. If he wants another Cup before he retires then he needs to be playing for a contender.

Marty B. in Philly = instant Cup.
Quote by SteveHouse
I would switch Colorado and Nashville, and Phoenix should def be higher I think. Assuming the same 8 teams are the top 8 two years in a row, of course, which doesn't seem likely at all.

True. I wanted to put Minnesota in there somewhere, but then I realized they are just balls awful. There are only a few teams I can see making it in that weren't there last year, but then again surprise is a huge part of the NHL. Calgary has a shot, St. Louis has a shot, Dallas has a shot, Anaheim perhaps... Hell, even the Blue Jackets could get in.

....Nahhhhh.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Trust me, nobody was happier to see the Hawks win than I was. If the flyers won, Toronto would have the longest dry spell in NHL history.

I'm pretty sure Chicago was the one with longest dry spell not Philly, which the Leafs now have
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Yeeeaaaaahhhhh..... about that.

You've kinda got it backwards.

Edit: ^
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Quote by daytripper75
At the hands of the Flyers!

Devils should trade Marty B. to the Flyers for Hartnell. If he wants another Cup before he retires then he needs to be playing for a contender.

Marty B. in Philly = instant Cup.

I'd love Scotty on the Devils. He has some sandpaper, something were sorely lack. That, and guys that shoot the puck. Guys on the NJD board has pulled up all kinds of stats, but the shooting stat is the most awful of them all.

I hope the rumor is true and NJD will inquire about Haviland.
Henrique > Kovalchuk > Parise
Quote by Jlovesmetal
I'm pretty sure Chicago was the one with longest dry spell not Philly, which the Leafs now have

You don't have anything to worry about until the spell reaches 54.

EDIT:

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

As I was saying, the Rangers hold the record for the longest dry spell in NHL history.
Last edited by chris_red at Jun 10, 2010,
Quote by BreakingBnj

Trade Gagne, sign Nabokov.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
^

I'm kind of excited to see if Detroit lets Ferraro play this year. I'm hoping we at least make the playoffs, but I don't expect a big playoff run.
Kaberle- Lecavalier deal's happening soon. BOOK IT NIGGAHS.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
I hope the Sens pick up a bit more scoring this year, they were a bit lacking in that category....Kovalchuk would be nice
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Toronto's last cup 1967
Philly's last cup 1975

Toronto has the longest dry spell in NHL history right now, along with the few teams that came into the league in 67 that don't have a cup.
Dear Flyers,

Yours,

The New York Rangers

Much appreciated Blackhawks
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Quote by boycew02
Dear Flyers,

Yours,

The New York Rangers

Dear Rangers,

enjoy Sather for another twenty years

It's hard seeing the team you cheer for losing the cup, especially with the way the Flyers lost it. But when that same team has established players like Richards and Carter and guys like Giroux who will eventually score 70+ points every season, it helps ease the pain of the loss.

edit: so I had 485 posts in the playoffs thread. That's in two months. In the six months leading up to it I had 800 some posts in the regular season thread.

What the hell am I going to do with all of this free time now that the playoffs are over?
Last edited by CaptainRon at Jun 10, 2010,
The Off-Season Thread makes me sad, now there is no more hockey to watch.

September can't come soon enough.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by Rockford_rocks
True. I wanted to put Minnesota in there somewhere, but then I realized they are just balls awful.

I honestly think that if they can get a few new acquisitions over the off season they could have play off hopes. I'm not saying they'd be the first seed or anything, but stranger things have happened.
My hopes for off-season:
Sign Dan Hamhuis
Sign Raymond
Sign Wellwood unless he wants 2nd line $$.
Trade Bieska and Bernier (I'd trade them at the draft for picks)
Sign solid role players for 4th line to replace Hordi and add depth
Sign a big 5th/6th dman.

Roster/Lineup

Sedin Sedin Burrows/Samuellson
Raymond Kesler Samuellson/Grabner/Burrows
Schroeder/Glass/Hansen Wellwood/Hodgson Samuellson/Grabner/Hansen
(RP) Johnson RR/Hansen

Hamhuis Edler
Erhoff Salo
SOB Alberts/(B56)

Luongo
Schneider
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by wizards?

I honestly think that if they can get a few new acquisitions over the off season they could have play off hopes. I'm not saying they'd be the first seed or anything, but stranger things have happened.

I'm just kidding dude. Sorry if that seemed harsh.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got into the 8 slot, but the year they had makes me think that will be tough, especially in a division with two strong teams at the top.
Yeah, the NW will be even tighter next year, especially if somebody up in Calgary starts scoring goals.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by boycew02
Dear Flyers,

Yours,

The New York Rangers

lol

Dude, your team couldn't even beat Brian Boucher in a shootout to make the playoffs.

Let's just leave it at that.