So, I've recorded some songs, with just my guitar and bass guitar, and I've been looking for a computer program to add some drums.
I don't know of any, so I was hoping to get some recommendations here

It have to be free though.

So, know of any?
What's your DAW? I know of a couple for Pro Tools (mine came with a couple actually, but I could easily find you some others for free). I'm assuming you're not using Logic, as it comes with a huge amount of synths and samples for a lot of things.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
What's your DAW? I know of a couple for Pro Tools (mine came with a couple actually, but I could easily find you some others for free). I'm assuming you're not using Logic, as it comes with a huge amount of synths and samples for a lot of things.

I'm sorry, what's DAW?
I'm so noob ..
Quote by Oyface
I'm sorry, what's DAW?
I'm so noob ..

Lurk moar.

There's hundreds of threads about this >.<

DAW = Digital Audio Work station

The software equivalent of once hardware recording systems.
I use Audacity to edit it, and I just use the mic on my laptop to record it.
Can't afford anything better >.<
Reaper is very affordable and is much better to work with compared to Audacity so I would get that. You can use it forever without paying for the license but for $60 you can really help out and pay for it once you get the cash put aside. It's well worth the price.

Also see this thread as well as the links in my sig for more info on where to start with studio gear and operations.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1268070
Quote by frankibo
EZ Drummer, drum kit from hell.
IMO, don't do this.

EZdrummer sucks when compared to Addictive Drums, Steven Slate Drums, or Superior Drummer.

Try to shoot for Addictive Drums by XLN Audio, Steven Slate Drums, or Superior Drummer.

I also like Battery 3- but the samples on it are not very good IMO. The good thing though is that it can load any sample out there, and it has built in EQ, compression, saturation, etc.
Quote by moody07747
EZD isnt half bad but SD2.0 is by far much better in sound quality.
The downside is it's expensive...the original post stated he wanted to do this for free.
Ahh, I did not see that.

I still think EZdrummer really sounds bad, but that is just my opinion.

I don't see how you are going to get decent results with something free. Maybe drumtrack?

http://www.supercoldmilk.com/drumtrack/

It can load samples and such, though I could not get it to work correctly when I tried playing metal beats with it.
A resourceful person could have all of those above programs for minimal investment *winks* You didn't hear it from me though.
Quote by Johnikker
A resourceful person could have all of those above programs for minimal investment *winks* You didn't hear it from me though.

Yes but we don't want the feds knocking down somebodys door *wink*

Anyways, there are no good free drum programs. It really doesn't get good in the world of drums till you get Addictive Drums
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
lol no NOT THE FEDS! ARGH! Hey when you are broke you gotta do what you gotta do. AMIRITE?!
Quote by Johnikker
No offense man, but that is not being resourceful. That's being a thief.
Quote by Johnikker
I guess hollywood's brain washing campaign is paying off after all.

amen to that! pimp the system, i say.
I'm not going to spend time jumping back into this thread because I don't want to get into this argument going left and right and all that...but I just wanted to jump back on the thought of using freeware and free trials of programs if you don't have the cash.

Don't steal software or anything, it only hurts the people taking the time to design and build it....it also makes them hype up the pries for everyone else.
Quote by moody07747
I'm not going to spend time jumping back into this thread because I don't want to get into this argument going left and right and all that...but I just wanted to jump back on the thought of using freeware and free trials of programs if you don't have the cash.

Don't steal software or anything, it only hurts the people taking the time to design and build it....it also makes them hype up the pries for everyone else.

I do not want to argue either lol, but I disagree because the people who design most software are paid hourly or salary, its not like you are taking money directly out of their pockets. I have spent thousands of dollars on software that was advertised to be more than it actually was and became fed up with it. I've spent thousands on games and movies that where shit, so I say get what you can get and pay as little as possible in the process. Which is funny because I will happily pay for reaper because of the way they handle the situation.
it is quite simple, anyone who is directly advocating illegally downloading software is going to typically get a warning. the rules are pretty clear on this, check the last and third to last rules in the 'main rules' section.

for adding drums on the cheap, the free trial of addictive drums is fine. havent bought the full thing yet (on my to do list when i get the cash) but the trial gives you enough to lay down basic tracks that sound decent. it lacks toms and only has a couple cymbals, but it does the basic job.
I don't care about the rules it doesn't change it from being true they can ban me if they feel it is necessary, besides I've never directly advocated anything except being resourceful :P
Quote by Johnikker
I don't care about the rules it doesn't change it from being true they can ban me if they feel it is necessary, besides I've never directly advocated anything except being resourceful :P

No but the implications were that you should illegally download it. To me, theres not difference between "You should illegally download it" and "If you're resourceful, you can get it for free"
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp