Poll: What experience (if any) have you had with the company?
Poll Options
View poll results: What experience (if any) have you had with the company?
Good experience
0 0%
Bad experience
1 7%
I dunno lol
4 27%
I'm a manatee
10 67%
Voters: 15.
So I just applied to work for this organisation. Basically they employ people as fundraisers - in this case for the St. John's Ambulance Service. Although it's commission based work, the lowest they're paying any of their fundraisers is about 1500 quid a month - the LOWEST. Most positions are live-in, but if they expect me to work in Manchester, I'll be staying at my own place, so accommodation isn't something I have to worry about. Minimum 6-week contract with them, after that, I can work as and when I like, between 3 and 6 day weeks.

Anyone got experience working with this or a similar firm? Sounds awesome, and my interview is scheduled for the 18th of June - I expect the work to be tough, but I don't really mind as long as the company is very honest/upfront about it's terms of service.
I've not worked for them but I know a few people who do and I've seen a fair few of their funraisers at work in Cambridge.

From what I can tell, its quite hard work because your pay depends quite a lot on your performance as a fundraiser and if you don't meet targets then you don't make much. That being said, I have no idea what the targets are or how hard it is to get people to donate or take action. It might be your kind of thing and you might do great at it.

Either way, its a good cause. Congratulations.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Jun 10, 2010,

Oh paint I love thee.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Sounds like a cobra scheme, if it is steer clear.
You'll know if it is because they'll tell you that there are 3 interviews. The second will be a day of slave labour, funfunfun.

Although if it's chugging (charity mugging) rather than Door to door sales then you should be ok. Although beware of not actually getting paid at all, that's happened to a friend of mine after 3 weeks work. If they don't pay you can have no recourse if you are technically self employed.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I assume it's where you stand on the street and harass passers by for donations.

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by LordBishek
WTF is charity mugging? And thanks for all the helpful comments

Where you stand in the middle of the pavement next to a busy road and rattle your coin box (not euphemism, that's a diff job, PM me about it) at passers by and try and get donations.

Edit: Ash just clicked the link in your sig, quite enjoying Kaki King
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Last edited by Cal UK at Jun 10, 2010,
Oh. I had a vision of beating people up but giving their iPhone's to charity

Also, good work sir, Kaki King is awesome
Quote by Cal UK
Where you stand in the middle of the pavement next to a busy road and rattle your coin box (not euphemism, that's a diff job, PM me about it) at passers by and try and get donations.

Edit: Ash just clicked the link in your sig, quite enjoying Kaki King

It'd be easier if it were a coin box, generally you've got to get people to sign up for a direct debit.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
It'd be easier if it were a coin box, generally you've got to get people to sign up for a direct debit.

Ah right yes, that'll be why they always have the clipboards... I'm quite surprised they make much money I'd be hesitant about giving someone on the street by bank/card details.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?