Hi all!
I think this will be the best place for this. I'm writing an ebook and setting up video lessons online and wanted to know if you guys knew anything about the legality behind using song samples in lessons.
For example, we've all seen the "Guitar in the method of so-and-so" videos, do you know if royalties are paid? It says on there that it is not endorsed, sponsored etc. by the artist, but I want to make sure.
I've spent the last hour on google trying to find legal documentation on this subject, but have had no luck. I know that I’ve had teachers and stuff in the past teach me out of books, teach me songs, and so on, but I don’t want to get beat up for breaking a copyright law.
I’m in the United States, BTW.
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com
Do you plan to SELL the ebook or just write it and give it away?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Awesome. Thank you.
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com