My ideal electric guitar would have
-the scale length of a Les Paul
-the neck width of a Yamaha Pacifica
-tuners in a line
-prob 2 humbuckers
-vibrato arm

Does anything come close or would I have to pay a luthier to build it?
What do you mean vibrato arm? Like what type of bridge do you want? And their most likely is.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
What do you mean vibrato arm? Like what type of bridge do you want? And their most likely is.
Er, a whammy bar? I thought 'vibrato arm' was the technical term, it sure ain't 'tremolo'... so yeah, like a Strat bridge or PRS Santana bridge
Quote by The Judist
Er, a whammy bar? I thought 'vibrato arm' was the technical term, it sure ain't 'tremolo'... so yeah, like a Strat bridge or PRS Santana bridge

Yeah sorry misworded that question. But point was to find out what type of bridge you wanted which you obviously know. Oh yeah one more important part what is your budget? And your choice of woods would be?
Quote by The Judist

Whammy bar, vibrato, tremolo...they're all terms used. It's physically vibrato but the "name" of the device is any of those.

I think the biggest problem is the scale length...almost anything with inline tuners is usually longer scaled. If it wasn't for the scale, you can get a Strat since theyre routed HSH and get a two-humbucker pickguard from Warmoth.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at Jun 10, 2010,
Prob mahogany body. In my mind's eye it'd look like a cross between a Taylor SC and a Tele... nice and compact.
Budget up to 2000USD
with that budget maybe look at carvin guitars or seek out a good local luthier then and get exactly what you want.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
with that budget maybe look at carvin guitars or seek out a good local luthier then and get exactly what you want.

Agreed or even look at Warmoth although if you want a set neck or neck thru then look elsewhere.
Quote by The Judist
My ideal electric guitar would have
-the scale length of a Les Paul
-the neck width of a Yamaha Pacifica
-tuners in a line
-prob 2 humbuckers
-vibrato arm

Does anything come close or would I have to pay a luthier to build it?

A short scale double fat strat? I think fender may have made something like that at one point, but I don't think they do any more. I think they got rid of nearly all their short scale stuff.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by The Judist
Prob mahogany body. In my mind's eye it'd look like a cross between a Taylor SC and a Tele... nice and compact.
Budget up to 2000USD

Yeah, you could easily build this with a Warmoth 24 3/4 conversion neck. I doubt you're going to find it any other way.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Thanks ppl. Yeah the Warmoth site is interesting! I saw a LP thing with some mandolin strings across the body, WTH?!
I prefer how chords sound on a short scale.
The Schecter C-1 FR is all of those, except for the in-line tuners.

And maybe the neck profile.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!