Either Way.

You can't really control when creativity will hit you. If the music comes, but no lyrics then obviously music first.

If lyrics come, but no music then obviously Lyrics first.

If I read lyrics without music behind them I can apply my own in an instant,
If I hear Music with no lyrics I can work up some lyrics.
Quote by iduno871
Either Way.

You can't really control when creativity will hit you. If the music comes, but no lyrics then obviously music first.

If lyrics come, but no music then obviously Lyrics first.

If I read lyrics without music behind them I can apply my own in an instant,
If I hear Music with no lyrics I can work up some lyrics.

true, but i have like tons of music but i cant seem to figure out lyrics for them
You can always let another musician write some lyrics, they may not be exactly what you want, but since it's your music you can collaborate and make it good.
I agree, the muse takes time. I usually come up with a melody or the music first, lyrics usually always last.

for me i can come up with music all day, but lyrics i like to refine a lot more, put much thought into it
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Depends on the type of band

A folk writer might want to write lyrics first to convey their message, then put chords under it, while a metal guitarist might want a good riff and then write lyrics along with it.
Quote by CheesePopcorn
true, but i have like tons of music but i cant seem to figure out lyrics for them

Can you write lyrics when you don't have music? And can you write music to lyrics that don't have lyrics? If yes then it sounds like you'll want to write the lyrics first,

if you can't write lyrics with or without music, you may just have to practice writting in general. Try writing just simple poems without any plans for music at all, after you get good at that, go back to writting songs.
Quote by leg end

"Roses are red,
Violets are bitchin'
Goddammit woman,
get back in the kitchen"