pretty self explanatory whats good for increasing speed ,triplets, and all around technique all genres go
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
I hear that practicing is great for that.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I hear that practicing is great for that.

Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
Quote by Thrash_Head1990
pretty self explanatory whats good for increasing speed ,triplets, and all around technique all genres go

If you're talking about exercises it's just like a sport. You have to concentrate on just the right muscles for each technique.

Genres, however, are a musical thing not a technique thing. If you have good technique it will help you play any genre.

So what you're looking for is a combination of technique exercises combined with learning songs in different genres.
play some black metal if you're into that. trem picking galore! i usually play some of that after chugging some heavy riffs as part of my RH warmup.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by chainsawguitar
So what you're looking for is a combination of technique exercises combined with learning songs in different genres.

This, but I'll suggest some songs anyway that helped me a lot with technique.

Alaska - Between the Buried and Me
Bloom - Scale the Summit
Scarified - Racer X (still can't play this one at full speed )
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Jun 10, 2010,
^Scarified
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Helped me... get a dumbell (not too heavy but not light) wide enough so that you can hold the handle with both hands... Rotate it in your hands, not flipping it... As though you were rolling tin foil or something similar... It increases forearm strength which is where picking speed is focused from...
And also find a few random chromatic exercises, grab a metronome and go hell for leather.. Just keep playing and getting faster.. The metronome is so you gain speed with a clean technique and tempo
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Picking well isn't about strength, it's about precision and control. If you get that burn in your bicep, it's not because you need more strength - it's because you are spending too much energy picking due to not having the technique up to snuff yet.
Honestly, you'll spend so much time focussing on left hand technique that your right hand should be fine picking all of this stuff up as a by-product.