I have a Yamaha FGX720SCA and the underbridge pickup is finally shot. I'm looking to upgrade to a passive pickup (probably LR Baggs M1) and I was wondering if I could set this up with the current preamp/eq I already have on board. Thanks.

Peace, Love and Music
are you sure your preamp is working and that it's not the under saddle transducer causing the problem?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Preamp is working fine, but whenever I get down with my guitar (eg slapping or tapping) the sound just stops. The weird thing is if I push down on the bridge the sound will come back (and this is the only way to get it back). It sounds to me like there is a bad connection where the transducer is soldered onto the connecting wire but I am no luthier.
you know i think it really depends on the preamp.

some transducers snap in, some plug in and some are soldered directly into the side mount preamp.

if there's a kink in the mic wire, then you might get the cut out noise like you're hearing.

what can you do?

well i guess i would pull out the preamp, pull out the pickup and try to find the kink, cut or loose wire, and see how that under saddle pup is wired into the existing preamp.

if the connection/ pickup can't be fixed,

maybe if you go to belcat, fishman, baggs or other pup supply company, and you can pick up a replacement pickup and solder it in the preamp.

or buy a whole new matching onboard or outside mount preamp system.

i would imagine tho, if were trying to use that preamp, and you've got a battery (active) system, you'd need to stick with a compatible pickup for it to work.

don't know what you've got in there now though.

good luck.

also: maybe carry this over to the Custom section.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011