This probably shouldn't be here as it has nothing to do with guitar and this is Ultimate Guitar but this is the only place that In can think of to ask this.
So i make dubstep but I'm having trouble with equalizing and mastering my tunes properly. If anyone knows anything about equalizing or mastering can they help me out. When i listen to the song with ear phones and the sub bass starts and wobbles start it begins to get really fuzzy can anyone one help. I will send the song if anyone is willing to help me.
Thank you
I Was A Feind
Make sure you don't have any clipping.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
If it does clip the maximum it will go to is 0.8 so that shouldn't make it as fuzzy as it is :S
I Was A Feind
This would probably be a better question for the Riffs & Recordings forum.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
what headphones are you using, too much bass can distort them sometimes
now extra flamey
Normalize your tacks?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Many threads in the pit have nothing to do with guitar, or music at all, so don't worry about it.

Sorry thought don't know that much about equalizing and mastering
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Come talk to us here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1255181

And in answer to your question.... it basically comes down to the fact that you can't have 2 parts playing at full volume in the same exact frequency range (and expect it to work- either it's gonna clip or get really messy). You can avoid this by making sure your kick bass and sub all peak in different places, and use EQ to make room for the others.... normally I end up pitching up the kick a bit as well to make room for the sub. Use a spectral analyzer to help with this if you're not already.

Another solution is to just not make them play at slightly different times- the loud bit of a percussive sample is normally quite short, so side-chain compression can work- either making the cheesy pumping effect, or more subtly like so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmAzlhCEjVM listen to how the bass slightly ducks after each kick.

Hope that helps... ish

More EDITs:

Also you need to keep some space in the low end for those key elements- the kick and bass (sub if you've separated it out, normally a good idea to help mixing it). Basically it's a good idea to put a high pass filter on everything which might mud up the low range... say 3 or 400 hz, that should give you some headroom.
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Last edited by blues_to_thrash at Jun 10, 2010,