Page 1 of 2
Hey dippers, i've been dipping for about a year on and off, back in January i started noticing reddish skin or sometimes browninsh on the side of my mouth, but just while i had a pinch in. It usually scares me off of dipping for a few weeks and it ussually only happnes if I have Grizzly or Kodiac primarily wintergreen falvor, but when I have Cope or Skoal I don't see it as much or even when I have Grizzly straight. what is the deal with it? should i be concerned?

I dont think it shud be cancerous yet right? Cuz people I know like my football coach are fine and they have done it a lot longer and more often with bigger amounts than me.

P.S. Only dippers please comment.
"Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of heaven."
-John Bunyan
Last edited by matteo cubano at Jun 10, 2010,
why don't you just stop then
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
P.S. can only fellow dippers and people who have been there comment?
-John Bunyan
Quote by matteo cubano
P.S. can only fellow dippers and people who have been there comment?

not a chance in hell, buddy.
Quote by CoreysMonster
not a chance in hell, buddy.

Alright sorry bud.
-John Bunyan
You should probably quit, it will kill you one day.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by toby3p0

Alright well then my next question would be how have other people quit?
-John Bunyan
Quote by paintITblack39
i thought this thread was about skinny dipping.

My threadjacking sense is tingling....
leather skin? you know they put fiberglass in that shit, right? the reddish skin is probably from the fiberglass doing its job, and the brownish is probably tobacco residue. if ur so concerned then just quit and keep off of it. i smoke 3/4 a pack a day, but have chewed here and there. the nicotine levels inchew is rediculous. i think i read somewhere that 1 tin is about 40 cigs worth of nicotine. and if i am not mistaken gum/mouth cancer will set in much faster if you are a daily chewer then if you are a daily smoker (who would get lung/throat cancer). my suggestion, START SMOKING!!!
Call me British, but I absolutely LOVE dipping ALL KINDS of cchocolate biccys in my tea
Quote by toby3p0

last time i checked just living will kill you one day. regardless of your lifestyle, you still die.
Quote by matteo cubano

I dont think it shud be cancerous yet right? Cuz people I know like my football coach are fine and they have done it a lot longer and more often with bigger amounts than me.

Flawless logic
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
leather skin? you know they put fiberglass in that shit, right? the reddish skin is probably from the fiberglass doing its job, and the brownish is probably tobacco residue. if ur so concerned then just quit and keep off of it. i smoke 3/4 a pack a day, but have chewed here and there. the nicotine levels inchew is rediculous. i think i read somewhere that 1 tin is about 40 cigs worth of nicotine. and if i am not mistaken gum/mouth cancer will set in much faster if you are a daily chewer then if you are a daily smoker (who would get lung/throat cancer). my suggestion, START SMOKING!!!

I do that too so im doubally ****ed i guess. I think im gunna tranistion to pouches then snus then stop, and then transition from cigs to cigars, does that work?
-John Bunyan
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx

Because smoking is a much healthier alternative
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
last time i checked just living will kill you one day. regardless of your lifestyle, you still die.

Hey there smarty pants, last time I checked living doesn't kill you, it just makes you more susceptible to death.
Quote by uk.mace
Shit me, is this guy smart or what?

OT: What the fúck is dipping?

its tobacco kinda like chew but it cuts into ur mouth and gets the nicotene into ur blodd stream, great buzz when u first start, rlly makes you chill and relax.
-John Bunyan
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx

Of course you will eventually die, but there is no reason to increase your risk of dying earlier than you have to.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by matteo cubano
its tobacco kinda like chew but it cuts into ur mouth and gets the nicotene into ur blodd stream, great buzz when u first start, rlly makes you chill and relax.

Dude, just smoke weed instead.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by matteo cubano

Well you said it "scares you off dipping for a few weeks," right? So if you can quit for a few weeks, surely you can quit permanently, right?

And don't smoke, stupid.
Last edited by werty22 at Jun 10, 2010,
Quote by Scout1011
You have cancer. I'm so sorry.

I'm honored to have Scout1011's comic genius on my thread, thank you for gracing me with ur hillarity.
-John Bunyan
Quote by matteo cubano
I'm honored to have Scout1011's comic genius on my thread, thank you for gracing me with ur hillarity.

Thou agitated?
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Quote by Scout1011
Thou agitated?

no I honestly think ur comment was hillarious and necessary.
-John Bunyan
Quote by matteo cubano

A few friends of mine dip, and they said to take whole sunflower seeds and pack them in your lip like tobacco and apparently it works wonders.
<3 Beardfish

Quote by 'Leviathan'
I love you so much.

YAY!
Quote by OctaVariuM8
A few friends of mine dip, and they said to take whole sunflower seeds and pack them in your lip like tobacco and apparently it works wonders.

Thanks man Ill have to try that.
-John Bunyan
Where I come from you only dip your chips once.

^Obviously didn't read OP
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Simsimius

This.
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
What the hell are you dipping for anyway?

It's like all the bad of smoking times 5, and you lose all sense of "cool" if you spit brown shit all the time.

seriously, just start smoking, or quit the baccy altogether
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Where I come from you only dip your chips once.

*long*

^Obviously didn't read OP

At least he's not double-dipping, 'cause that's a capital offense right there!
Enjoy jeppelapp responsibly.

Quote by In The Mist
If you led your life by the pit's advice, you would be in prison on multiple charges of rape.
Yeah, that reddish skin on your lip? That's where cancer will develop if you keep doing that shit. And the reason nothing has happened to your football coach is cuz he's just lucky. I used to dip, but I decided that it's just a disgusting habit, having to spit all the time, and I didn't wanna end up looking like this:

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

Quote by Simsimius

Listen to this man.
Quote by Simsimius

This.

If you wanna chill and relax, weed will do that for you (for 2-4 hours). It has over 1000% of your daily value of Vitamin THC in every joint.

And maybe if you start now, you can reverse that cancer caused by the tobacco you've done.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by paintITblack39
i thought this thread was about skinny dipping.
Tis why I love UG; I don't think you'll ever see a mod say that with a sad-face after it anywhere else.
Quote by dudetheman
This.

If you wanna chill and relax, weed will do that for you (for 2-4 hours). It has over 1000% of your daily value of Vitamin THC in every joint.

And maybe if you start now, you can reverse that cancer caused by the tobacco you've done.

This man is a total genius

People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by yoyodunno
chill with cigars instead? won't be the same buzz, but maybe you'll like it better.

Or, he could get on those nicotine patches, and just quit tobacco all together, because there's nothing good about it.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Or, he could get on those nicotine patches, and just quit tobacco all together, because there's nothing good about it.

well some people value the relaxation cigars can give you, so that is one positive thing about it. And, with moderation, smoking can be a nice thing.
Page 1 of 2