My band needs a PA for practice and maybe small shows(like parties). We would be running 2 mics, and MAYBE a keyboard and an electronic drumkit. This is really just to hear vocals at practice so we don't need anytihng huge. 5 inputs would be more then enough. I'm willing to go used, but considering I rarely see cheaper PA stuff on craigslist I'll probably have to go new. I've been looking at a few phonic systems. I'd like to keep it under 500 usd. Thanks.
You say 5 now but trust me, you'll end up wishing you had 8 or more. You'd be surprised how quickly you can use inputs on the desk.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I understand that, but this is really just for vox during practice. When we start playing shows we can use the house PA.
phonic systems are good for what you need. they're easy to expand too.

i found a yamaha stagepass, system works for us.
even added an active speaker after.

with speakers, stay away from 10s. get 15s if you can.

when i was looking, sometimes i'd see what looked like a better mixer on CL, but most of the time, it'll have shoddy inputs and look like it had been thru a war.

so i went new.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If you just need vocals, I would have to say a self-powered PA monitor would be a cheap fix, versus an entire PA system.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
If you just need vocals, I would have to say a self-powered PA monitor would be a cheap fix, versus an entire PA system.

depends on the pa monitor and on the system.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

definitely fits what you're looking for.

it's not expensive and completely returnable if you find it's not able to handle your situation.
in addition, if there's anything wrong with it, MF will send you a return label and shipping will cost you nothing.

i tried them all and the phonics were good for the money.

not GREAT gig hardy systems, but worth the money and then some.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62