i want to play thrash and i m going to buy one of these. which is the best for me?
rg370dx includes floyd rose. somebody says me "dont buy a guitar with floyd rose, if it will be your first guitar". what do you think about it?
sorry for grammer

cheers
Ibanez RGR321EX
Laney LX35R
???
Last edited by Mr.M at Jun 10, 2010,
Quote by Mr.M
i want play thrash and i m going to buy one of these. which is the best for me?
rg370dx includes floyd rose. somebody says me "dont buy a guitar with floyd rose, if it will be your first guitar". what do you think about it?
sorry for grammer

cheers

You can use those words in the same sentence??
But seriously i would start with a guitar without a floyd rose. If you buy one, you will find yourself constantly wasting money going to the guitar store to set up and restring your guitar. Specially if it's not a OFR
Impressive first guitars. They are really good to start on. The reason that people might recommend you against Floyd Rose is because they are really professional and cool. BUT, it will be an EXCELLENT investment in the long run.
i don't think you should buy a guitar with a trem if you're only learning how to play.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by BlackSabba
Impressive first guitars. They are really good to start on. The reason that people might recommend you against Floyd Rose is because they are really professional and cool. BUT, it will be an EXCELLENT investment in the long run.

This is true. In the long run (assuming its an original floyd rose and not a licencsed) it will be a good investment but be prepared to have to pay $30 (this is how much my local guitar store charges) every time you break a string (which was often for me as a begginer).
True. Let's just give him advice on being extremely extremely careful with overtension/ hard picking. And, don't some thrash bands use Drop D? It's going to be a pain in the ass to change tunings.
Quote by BlackSabba
True. Let's just give him advice on being extremely extremely careful with overtension/ hard picking. And, don't some thrash bands use Drop D? It's going to be a pain in the ass to change tunings.

Yes and then whenever he decides to play something in standard it will be a pain. I saw a pedal that detunes your guitar for you. Meaning that it doesn't literally detune your guitar it just takes the signal thats near your low E and brings it down 1 step. Kind of like a pitch shifter. I thought about getting that. Any comments on those?
$30 to change strings. Wow I should really start charging for that or something. I mean I've changed my strings on my own my entire 14 years of playing guitar. It's part of learning if you can't maintain your instrument then you shouldn't be playing it in some respects. Or STOP BEING LAZY.

back to the point looks like good choices for a first axe. Any of those would be good. Obviously I'd put the 370 on the higher end of those if you want to mess with the LFR go for it if it's One of the Ibanez Edge's than it'll be alot better than the other LFR's. Fixed bridge will give you the least problems starting out though.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
Quote by salgala2000
You can use those words in the same sentence??
But seriously i would start with a guitar without a floyd rose. If you buy one, you will find yourself constantly wasting money going to the guitar store to set up and restring your guitar. Specially if it's not a OFR

I would recommend avoiding a tremolo for your first guitar because it's not something you should be worrying about when you're learning to play, just tuning will be a chore.

But any experienced guitarist who buys a FR should learn the ins and outs of it, there's no need to take it into the shop to have it tuned if you just take a invest some time in learning how it works. There are a ton of videos on youtube that teach this.

I hate it when people put out bad info to newcomers.
okay. i dont know how to play guitar. and i will start learning it, so what are the advantages of floyd rose for a beginner? because i cant do fantastic, amazing things.

and i will buy a new guitar two years later. i will only learn to play guitar with my first guitar.
please, consider them when you are replying.
Ibanez RGR321EX
Laney LX35R
???
Last edited by Mr.M at Jun 11, 2010,
is there anybody who can help me
Ibanez RGR321EX
Laney LX35R
???
A tremelo isn't useful to a beginner. If you're already planning to get a new guitar in a few years, I say don't get a tremelo right now.
Quote by chadreed32
Im gonna say the Rg370dx.... I wonder why...

Because you're one of those people that never bother to read posts and just want to seek attention because daddy never gave you any attention while he was drunkenly beating you?

Quote by Mr.M
is there anybody who can help me

The RG321MH and RG321EX are fairly close, personally I'd say take out the RG370 it's going to be more hassle then you'd need for the time. The RGA and RG's left well it's up to what you want with a arched top or a flat top and the sound, just go and try out the guitars you ideally would want something that feels nice against you which none of us on UG will be able to tell you. Also have you got an amp yet?
Hi. I suggest you Rg321mh and RG32 because I heard Edge III Trem's aren't good. I prefer fixed bridges because of simplicity. If you just want a trem model I think cheap S series (s320/420/470) are better than cheap RGs.
Ibanez RG321MH
TASCAM 144
Guitar RIG 4