Gibson Les Paul Standard Silverburst! This is a Guitar Center special and I bought it used. It has had a neck repair, but to me it didn't matter. This is probably the most AWESOME guitar i've ever played! YAY FOR ME!!!

Last edited by HartRacer86 at Jun 10, 2010,
aaah must have O_O

damn you better play her nicely!;-)

happy new guitar day holmes!
So was there really any point of creating this? Nice guitar though haha... What year was it made? Cause one year the silverburst spray was wrong so eventually they will all become a green to black burst... The guy from alkaline trio has one
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
I must say that is a damn sexy lookin' guitar you got there
How much did it set you back, if you don't mind my asking?
ive fallen in love with this silverburst finish!! gorgeous!! write a small review so this doesnt get locked up?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

That's so nice... I've come to really love Silverbursts...

HNGD
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Silverbust has never really been my thing but I have to admit, that looks like a really awesome guitar. Play the shit out of it and enjoy it man!
Looks great!!

Where did you find it??

Big chain store, local show, Craig's List??

Get a vid up so we can here it!!
Happy new guitar day! It looks so sexy in those pics. Play some Tool and/or Mastodon on that thing! I love silverburst Gibson guitars. They are beautiful. Also, post a review or clips.
wtf, Silverburst Standard with mop, ebony and a bound headstock?

Must own, now.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
HNGD love the silverburst.. its one of my favorite finishes.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
way HNGD. sweet. i am assuming that standard was before the assymetrical necks?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well, here's a short review of it. This is a Gibson Les Paul Standard Silverburst. It is a Guitar Center special. The pickups in it are 490/498. That's what GC told me at least for this version. Either way they sound amazing! It has a 22 fret Ebony fret board with a 60's neck (Again I don't have exact specs on the neck style but i'm pretty sure that's what it is). It obviously has a really nice Silverburst finish that goes all the way around the guitar body which I like alot better than what Gibson has done in the past. Some of their Silverbursts have a tear-drop shape style instead of where the burst goes around the body. It has the old top hat tuner knobs which go great with the rest of the guitar. It has cream binding that goes around the entire bodyas well as the neck and the headstock. It has a crown inlay on the headstock and comes stock with gibson deluxe tuners. This specific guitar has been set up for heavy strings like Zakk Wylde sets up his Gibsons. Where the strings run the opposite way through the bridge saddle then back over top of it. It sounds great and I will get a video up soon!

Thanks and God Bless!
That isn't a Standard.

It's a custom Classic. (Headstock binding, holly inlay give it away) It was a guitar of the month a couple years ago.

also did you buy that from GC Arlington Heights IL? or get it transferred from that store?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 11, 2010,
Love the silver and the matching nobs too. Congrats, very cool guitar.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Quote by gregs1020
That isn't a Standard.

It's a custom Classic. (Headstock binding, holly inlay give it away) It was a guitar of the month a couple years ago.

also did you buy that from GC Arlington Heights IL? or get it transferred from that store?

No it's a Standard. I know what you're talking about and it's not that guitar.
Quote by HartRacer86
No it's a Standard. I know what you're talking about and it's not that guitar.

No it's a custom classic. I've owned both in silverburst, the standard and custom classic. That's a custom classic. The serial number starting with GC confirms it.

Did you get it transferred from Arlington Heights GC? If so, that's my old guitar.
I've always wanted a LP silverburst

HNGD!!! You bastard

Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
hey it's a great guitar, don't get me wrong. by all means HNAD!

here is the headstock of my custom classic. holly inlay, binding all the way around. reads "les paul" on the truss cover.

pic of the neck repair on mine

standards say "les paul model" on the headstock where your's has the holly inlay, and say nothing on the truss rod cover.

also, the serial number on the standard is the usual kind. the custom classic has GC XXX (the X is any number 001-400, GC = Guitar Center) i believe they only made 400 of the custom classics and some 700 of the standards, so yours is more rare.
tbh, I've never liked silverburst finishes, they just seem so depressing to me. :\

Nice guitar anyways, HNGD!

i like the customs 1000 times more... ;(

happy NGD though bro.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by gregs1020
hey it's a great guitar, don't get me wrong. by all means HNAD!

here is the headstock of my custom classic. holly inlay, binding all the way around. reads "les paul" on the truss cover.

pic of the neck repair on mine

standards say "les paul model" on the headstock where your's has the holly inlay, and say nothing on the truss rod cover.

also, the serial number on the standard is the usual kind. the custom classic has GC XXX (the X is any number 001-400, GC = Guitar Center) i believe they only made 400 of the custom classics and some 700 of the standards, so yours is more rare.

Oh ok wow hahaha yeah I got it from a Guitar Center in Ohio. Whats the differences? Anything?
Yummy Love the last picture xD
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy