Hello all, I have recently purchased a VHT Deliverance 120 head and picked up an old Peavey 412F enclosure. I got a pretty good deal on the cab, but I'm really looking to upgrade in the near future. The Peavey has a closed back, ported center design that is just way too boomy. Purchasing the matching VHT cab is a bit of a struggle since I've scoured the used listings in the Del-Mar-Va area and can't find anyone who has them.

An Avatar V30 loaded contemporary was looking good, but from what I've read the V30's don't pair up with this particular head well. I'm almost to the point of just buying a quality Avatar or Splawn cab and trying to ebay some of the custom Eminences to throw in it.

So basically, due to the dark nature of this amp, would a front-loaded cab be ideal? And if anyone has experience with this amp, I'd be happy to hear about your speaker/cabinet preferences.

I mainly play a kind of jazz rock but also venture in metal territory often. Basically I want to keep a tight high end and some bass, but not too much bass as I play lead.

Sorry for the wall of text, thanks for the input!
Try Guitar Center's used website. They will ship to your local GC and you can pick it up there.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You'll probably want to just stick with looking for a Deliverance cab or a Fatbottom cab for your Deliverance.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Would you recommend sticking to the old VHT brand label? Or has there not been any change in the cabs since Fryette? The Fryette cabs seem to be more readily available.
vht is no longer associated with old vht or fryette.
how do you like your deliverance?
did you nad it yet?
nad it noa.
do it.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Haha I love it dude! And I will NAD, but I was waiting to get over to a friend's to throw some clips up since his recording setup blows mine away.
Quote by Corey143
Would you recommend sticking to the old VHT brand label? Or has there not been any change in the cabs since Fryette? The Fryette cabs seem to be more readily available.

They're the same, so it doesn't really matter which one you grab. Just make sure it's loaded with P50Es, not V30s, which some of the older VHT cabs are loaded with.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
i'm getting on here in about 4 or 5 days and imma run it through some cabs.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer