Alright, so I have some Jackson guitar (dunno the actual model), and I currently have all Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in it. It's a S-S-S guitar. However, I want something with a little more power and distortion for the bridge.
Are there single coil spaced pickups that could put out more distortion than a Hot Rail? Thanks for your help.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
you already have a hot rail in there. why you get an sss. i know know nothing about single coil pickups but i'm just going to say you should've got the humbuckers.
;} KsE
Quote by cgolden
Are there single coil spaced pickups that could put out more distortion than a Hot Rail? Thanks for your help.

Not that I'm aware of unless you want to use EMG singles, which I strongly suggest you don't due to the fact that they sound like ass.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
HUMBUCKERS IN SINGLE COIL SIZE!!
Best for you.. I heard that SD lil. screaming deamons are good.
^The hot rails is about as powerful as a Duncan Distortion, if not moreso. It's a WAY hotter pickup than the Lil Screamin' Demon.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.