Page 1 of 2
im in a band our drummer it too loud, we tell him on a repeated basis to turn the volume down but he ignores us and keeps playing very loud. How can we make it so that no matter how hard you hit them the volume will be at an acceptable level?
Guitars:American Fender Strat, Gretsch Country Gentleman, American Deluxe Tele, Music Man Axis, Peavey Wolfgang,Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus,SRV Purple Strat, Yngwie Malmsteen Strat, Fender Jaguar, Fender Dick Dale Strat, Rickenbacker 306/12V64
Last edited by Gweaterman at Jun 10, 2010,
put pillows in the drums
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Last edited by dylan08 at Jun 10, 2010,
How does one turn down the volume on drums?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Electric drums?

Find a better drummer?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
End him.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Momentosis

Move into a different room/street/country.
Stop playing drums
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Either put pads on the drums, use an electric kit or turn the amps up, that's pretty much it.

Drums are a very loud instrument and you can't blame the drummer for this, no matter how softly he hits, it will still be really loud and that can't be avoided I'm afraid.
i mean its really really LOUD we turn up but then it gets muddy because no one can hear each other its just a loud jumbled mess, if the drummer would be a little quiter we could hear each other alot better
Guitars:American Fender Strat, Gretsch Country Gentleman, American Deluxe Tele, Music Man Axis, Peavey Wolfgang,Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus,SRV Purple Strat, Yngwie Malmsteen Strat, Fender Jaguar, Fender Dick Dale Strat, Rickenbacker 306/12V64
Is your drummer using an electronic drum kit, cause otherwise you can't turn down drums...
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
hes using an acoustic kit now our singer is a drummer too he playes em from time to time but its not as loud i keep telling the drummer to play exactly as loud as the singer but he doesnt listen
Quote by Gweaterman
im in a band our drummer it too loud we tell him on a repeated basis to turn the volume down but he ignores us and keeps playing very loud how can we make it so that no matter how hard you hit them the volume will be at an acceptable level

DEAR GOD, PERIODS?!?!!??!?!!?!?
sorry i have a bad habit of run-ons.
Loosen all the wingnuts when he isn't looking. He'll suddenly play twice as loud, but then much quieter.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Sell his drums and use the money to buy him a guitar. Then playing so loud that it drowns everyone else out will be normal.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Jun 10, 2010,
You can't play quieter on an acoustic kit and you can't tell him to play exactly how the singer plays either, it'd be like saying both of your guitarists have to hit the strings exactly the same way.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by crazy8rgood

Wtf is a period? It's a comma. (Or the lack of, commas.)

TS, a good drummer is able to play quietly. If he can't, well...
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
You ask him to turn the volume down on a acustic drum kit??? holy shit, what acustic kit has he got that has a volume control?!?!

anyway, just fire him and get a drum machine
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone

He can play quiet i played at a place where he was required to, he just chooses not to
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone

Quote by Gweaterman
He can play quiet i played at a place where he was required to, he just chooses not to

Maybe you practice in a room that happens to have crappy acoustics.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by crazy8rgood

This is the reason I'm glad I'm not female.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Quote by SteveHouse
Maybe you practice in a room that happens to have crappy acoustics.

yea we do its a shop with concrete floor and flat walls
Quote by Gweaterman

if the drummer refuses to cooperate with what your band needs, then maybe he shouldnt be your drummer, end of problem.
Quote by edgeyyz
It's like everyone's getting laid and I'm the only virgin...

Quote by Nunwhxre 666
I now dub thee, Fapking.

Bow down to the Fapking!

Shoop Group!
and im kinda getting tired of him not listening
Quote by EchoxOath
if the drummer refuses to cooperate with what your band needs, then maybe he shouldnt be your drummer, end of problem.

true we are considering that its just where we live its realyy hard to find people to replace others
Quote by Gweaterman
yea we do its a shop with concrete floor and flat walls

-_-

Turn your attitude down. He can't help being super loud in that environment.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts

I was just making fun of you Americans.

And, it's actually true, good drummers CAN play quietly.

EDIT: A good drummer also cares about not overpowering the band with his drums.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by SG_dave
My old drummer was exactly the same.
Get him to play at a slower tempo, that helped make our drummer quiet down.

Also try seeing if he could use brushes or them sticks that are loads of little ones bundled together, they take some kick out of the drums.

hmm i might try that
Quote by Momentosis

It's very simple, you use the handy fire axe that is conveniently attached to the bass drum and you apply it to the plys on the drums.

But really, Ts, you can't control the volume of a drummer, he/she is going to hit it as hard as they need to to keep up their beat, if it's too loud, then turn up your amp, better yet, take your amp, place it about 10 feet in front of you, and it will project much louder than if you were standing right next too it.
i might get the thunder rods
hes starting to piss me off
Kick him out and by a drum machine. Then start some sort of hybrid techno shizz and take over the world
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."- Jimi Hendrix
Page 1 of 2