I think I speak for everyone when i say
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by guitarlover24
I want to know do you just like leave on D and play it like that I dont know.

Spot on.

It was back in the 17th Century when Alberto Steptoeni, a famed Lute player of the era, suggested that the D chord, was the best choice for intros on stringed instruments.
Both for its tonal, and musical attributes.
By the end if the century, it was widely accepted by musicians around the globe and has been that way since.

So widely accepted was it, that in 1806 rumour suggests it was a song written by an unknown musician, that caused an uprising and several months of civil unrest in the small town of Rhet a Deed, in the south of France; purely because the tune began with an E minor.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Jun 10, 2010,
Quote by Skeet UK
Spot on.

It was back in the 17th Century when Alberto Steptoeni, a famed Lute player of the era, suggested that the D chord, was the best choice for intros on stringed instruments.
Both for its tonal, and musical attributes.
By the end if the century, it was widely accepted by musicians around the globe and has been that way since.

So widely accepted was it, that in 1806 rumour suggests it was a song written by an unknown musician, that caused an uprising and several months of civil unrest in the small town of Rhet a Deed, in the south of France; purely because the tune began with an E minor.

Hey, don't just spout a load of bullshit to confuse him, dude. It aint fair. You know full well it was in 1807.

OT: Don't know what you mean, man.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Have you really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Seriously, no idea what you mean. For a lot of songs, you'll just play the opening riff, or the first chord, or the main chord progression while the other instruments/vocals/etc. come in.

And I thought everyone knew the damning note was a G. E minor, my ass.
It could have been 1806 or 1807, and a G or an E minor. Records are sketchy at best from that region, so it really depends on your source.

My choice is "Why the D chord? Origins and embellishments in Music History" by Sum Knoßßer, published by the Fret Press, in 1957.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Skeet UK
It could have been 1806 or 1807, and a G or an E minor. Records are sketchy at best from that region, so it really depends on your source.

My choice is "Why the D chord? Origins and embellishments in Music History" by Sum Knoßßer, published by the Fret Press, in 1957.

Yeah, it's a shame that most of those books were burned when the Germans took over in WWII. They now sit in The Museum Of The D Chord out in gofukuself, Japan. You should go there some time.

Really though, pointless thread, I's b's *reportens* this thread.