i will probably be purchasing the last c-1 classic my music store has in stock. I'm wondering if this will fit my music style as this guitar will be drop tuned to about drop C or lower. will the pickups hold up fine n everything?
Yes, but drop C or lower makes me think about extreme metal. I don't think this is the best guitar to play that kind of music, but yes, you should be able to drop tune it and play without problems.
Quote by Poglia
Yes, but drop C or lower makes me think about extreme metal. I don't think this is the best guitar to play that kind of music, but yes, you should be able to drop tune it and play without problems.

Extreme metal? I play worship songs in drop A and it's nowhere near extreme metal.

But what he said.^
would my schecter damien handle those drop tunings with emg hz passives in it? cause i can always bring that down to those tunings and keep the c-1 classic for drop D and standard. maybe d standard
sorry for double post. i was to lazy to hit edit. kso i can always go with a schecter blackjack or a washburn x50pro. sadly my music store has neither. so i can't try em. i like schecter though. but i also have a washburn and like washburn necks.lol
Quote by xFilth
The JB doesn't really work too well with downtuning

Do you actually have a guitar with JB in a low tuning? I play in B standard with a JB and it works pretty well if you just tweak the EQ.
Schecter makes a C1 Blackjack baritone model which may be better suited to drop tuning.
The C-1 classic has the JB Jazz combo(I think?)
and general consensus is that the jb jazz doesnt do too well for drop tuned metal. Does drop D and Standard metal well though.
really just chuck some slightly thicker strings on and ur cool.

JB's are rather metal voiced pickups anyway.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by jpnyc
Do you actually have a guitar with JB in a low tuning? I play in B standard with a JB and it works pretty well if you just tweak the EQ.

I have a C-1 Classic, yes

I find it loses definition and clarity and gets kinda muddy