This is an EXTREMELY rough demo that I whipped up while my amp is out for repairs. Can you let me know what you think? Also feel free to tell me whether or not it sounds like I'm trying to copy someone because I sometimes get that impression myself with this one. The high synth line will eventually become a vocal when I get someone who can sing to help me out. As usual I do C4C as fast as I can.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
hey man thanks for the crit

No it doesn't sound particularly familiar to me, maybe a tad but I can't think of anything off the top of my head XD
Maybe have a DI setup as well for a backup plan whenever you're wanting to record a few guitar or bass tracks, or to not bother your neighbors with your amp

But quite honestly I don't know what to think of the arrangement...The riffs don't really hang well with me, maybe it was just that synth? perhaps maybe consider changing the vocal melody down the road later on? As far as quality goes it was sorta left behind, but as you said this was just a rough draft of a demo (?) so I can understand that.

What all tools are you using anyhow (software I mean)? Having some decent little gadgets here and there help with the creative process cause it just feels like somethings missing overall, and I don't know how to name it off exactly X_X
well I guess for one, the drumming being a prime example etc - but then I'm just speaking of the quality etc. Even if you were to use amp modelers you would at least be able to get a good decent mix out of the bunch without having to break out all the hardware, to help give a clearer idea. At the least it all adds up in the end.

left ya a comment on your vid (I'm redoubt btw :P)
Last edited by Night at Jun 18, 2010,
I kinda like it. It's got this really odd electronic feel to it. It's like Aphex Twin, but metal. Not bad. It needs a bit of work though, the guitars are really muffled. I've noticed your amp is broken and your using Guitar Rig though, so it will probably sound much better recorded with the amp lol. I think the synth overpowers everything a little too much. Neat little song, it does need some work like I said, and it will be pretty fantastic.

Check mine out when you get the time.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327226
Thanks for the Crit

I like the riffs to start off but the main thing I notice is the repetitive nature of it. I like the bridge chorus and about the 1/3rd mark with the palm muting and especially the breakdown like situation at the 2:30 mark. Honestly, I hate the keyboard, high tone addition it seems just annoying and not necessary the riff is strong enough on itself in my opinion.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Thanks for the Crit

I like the riffs to start off but the main thing I notice is the repetitive nature of it. I like the bridge chorus and about the 1/3rd mark with the palm muting and especially the breakdown like situation at the 2:30 mark. Honestly, I hate the keyboard, high tone addition it seems just annoying and not necessary the riff is strong enough on itself in my opinion.

The keyboard will eventually become a vocal and the vocal will be an octave or two below where it is now.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.