My first (finished) song and first time recording. Used Audacity, guitar pro, and my guitar. Try to ignore the sloppy recording. Any tips on Audacity or other programs would be great! it's on My Profile

Thanks for looking
Last edited by kamjam7 at Jun 10, 2010,
Pretty good stuff. =] I'm not gonna comment on the mix, but the songwriting sounds nice. The first riff, which consists of mainly chugging, sounds kinda bland, but the riff after is awesome. Perhaps it would be best to change up the first riff a bit to make it sound more interesting. Anyways, great job!

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1318151&page=1&pp=20
-The intro is kind of boring. Add some more flavour.

-The second riff is great.

-I like your bridge.

-The solo was ok. I guess people don't listen to death metal really for the solo's, so it was decent.

-Riff was great after the solo.

-Harmony was kind of boring.

-Boring riff at the end.

In all, 3.5/5. It's death metal, that is for sure, but it does sound a little generic except for some of your riffs. Fix up some of those boring riffs, get better recording methods, and add vocals = nice song.
so the intro wasnt very catchy but with a dissonant chord playing throughout it, it would sound ten times better i think?

its down to personal preference though

bridge sounded good too (Y) the part after was pretty decent aswell, good use of harmonics, deep crushing vocals would fit it perfectly!

the solo i liked! maybe double the length of it though? solos dont really appear much in death metal like someone said earlier but yours fitted and suited really well so kudos for that!

but yeah, get some vocals on it, use addictive drums or ezdrummer and it would sounds tight as!

good work bro!

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319090

ta!
Quote by alexgepgepgep
like getting punched in the face with awesome

Quote by diler1089
"I am Osiris" at 2.22 i like how it goes "BA-BA-BA-BA---Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba---BA-BA--Ba-Ba-

its badass.

FAIR ONE
What do you mean by dissonant chord? And i definitely need deep vocals, and a band. Thanks for crits i'll look up ezdrummer and addictive drums.
like a mysterious sounding one? ermm lol, its hard to explain. basically not a nice sounding chord, it sounds evil more than anything else? haha

once you find one, which you will cos theyre all over, mix them up and you'll have a rate nice set of dissonant beasts lol
Quote by alexgepgepgep
like getting punched in the face with awesome

Quote by diler1089
"I am Osiris" at 2.22 i like how it goes "BA-BA-BA-BA---Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba---BA-BA--Ba-Ba-

its badass.

FAIR ONE
OH i gotcha, like augmented kinda add 11 stuff. that would sound pretty good thanks. I loved beneath the ocean btw
hey man I have Addictive Drums, if you want you can send me the midi and I'll make them sound better leave me a message in my profile
No thanks man, i'm gonna be workshopping it for a while, so no need for that right now. Thanks for the offer though. What did you think of the song though? All of yours are fantastic
Please don't get EZdrummer.

Seriously, for the same price you could get Steven Slate Drums which sounds way more real then EZdrummer.
I personally loved the chugga riff, although it would be better suited as a breakdown riff than an intro one imo. But that's just me, I just freaking love chuggy riffs.

And the recording quality wasn't that bad for something done with audacity and guitar pro midi! Nice work mate!

Check out my new song "The Art of Choking" and tell me what you think!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/le+screamist/music/all/play851648
Last edited by le screamist at Jun 14, 2010,
Actually, i recorded my guitar directly into the computer for most parts, and i used the guitar pro bass and drums.

I'll look up steven slate thanks.
I really like your style and technique man. Do yourself a massive favor and invest in some drum software. I can tolerate almost any drum sounds but I have to draw a line at Guitar Pro MIDI!
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely be purchasing more software. This is just to lay down the idea for a while.
Quote by kamjam7
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely be purchasing more software. This is just to lay down the idea for a while.

and this is your first ever recorded song you say? You've got skills man and I'd be happy to help you out with better software (I can get you "discounts" and whatnot) If you've got MSN, PM me your address and say no more.
basically what was said. The chugging was kinda eh but that riff after was great!
I think i'm gonna use an e-bow, and have a creepy kind of inerlude playing over it, probably two adjacent notes or something else weird.