ive got an old squire strat with a great neck and the build is pretty solid and it seems to be well built.
Im thinking of using it as a long term project replacing bridge, tuning pegs and pickups over time. all replacement parts will be of us fender quality. im just wondering if you guys think its worth the money or not?
obviously i wont be able to replace the cheap wooden body, how much is that going to effect things?
any recomendations on which tuners and bridge to get (not through body bridge)
think gonna use texas specials for pickups.
is ther anything ive missed?

this is going to be my main guitar.

cheers.
it would be worth it for the GOOD HEARTED FUN
Our lord David Cameron in heaven

papa oom mow mow

Quote by captaincrunk
I love sex toys. I don't really care what the shape is. It can be a rabbit, a fat man, Jesus, whatever

1960 Gibson les paul - Klon centaur - 60s marshall plexi/mesa boogie dual rec
i think the body would let you down eventually.
perhaps try it with a second hand MiM?

fit the neck of the squire onto that? unless that is somehow impossible?
maybe replacing pots?
And I think its good to have like your first build but it's not going to be great quality and the wood will affect it a lot. I would paint it also if your going to do that to it.
yea its the wood im worried about. i was also scared to mention previously its a 3/4 strat ha.
suppose if it all goes tits up ill have some nice parts to put on a mim or somethin!
The 3/4 Squiers are "Laminated Hardwood".....Squier's polite way of saying plywood. I personally wouldn't bother. If you want a project just buy a used Squier Affinity Strat for $50-60 from Guitar Center or off Craigslist.
Quote by webwarmiller
The 3/4 Squiers are "Laminated Hardwood".....Squier's polite way of saying plywood. I personally wouldn't bother. If you want a project just buy a used Squier Affinity Strat for $50-60 from Guitar Center or off Craigslist.

This
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus