Alright. so i have a few questions. specifically about 3 guitars. i thought i'd sum it all up in one post instead of posting in my other one multiple times.

Schecter blackjack atx
Schecter c-1 classic
Washburn X50pro

Genre: This guitar will be tuned down anywhere from drop C to drop A for stuff such as slipknot, rammstein, amon amarth, killswitch engage, all that remains, firewind and more.

Current amp:
Blackstar Ht-5 mini stack
Soon to have a bad monkey OD

onto the questions:

If i was to purchase a neck thru. obviously the sustain is good, will there be a huge difference, like really noticable between a neck thru(c-1 classic) or set neck(Blackjack atx)

*FYI* i am not able to play the washburn or blackjack atx as my music store does not have them in stock but will order if i want to purchase, they do have 1 more c-1 classic though

I'm more worried about buying a c-1 classic, and it not being able to handle those tunings i want, hence the reason for my back up being the blackjack atx due to it having the duncan blackouts which have really turned me towards that guitar and the fact it's geared towards my style of music. I have played the c-1 classic but my music store refuses to let me hook up to a good amp and only lets me try it on a spider or a MG. I do like the feel of the classic, just if it 's not gunna meet my needs as said above. %$@# it.lol

any more questions feel free to ask.

thanks,
The Blackjack ATX is one beast of a guitar. It just so happens that I was comparing it to the Washburn X50 Pro (with Seymour Duncans, not EMG's) when I was buying.

I would have gone for the Washburn based on looks and it has a rounded body so you can rest your arm. The Blackjack doesn't and it can hurt after a while sitting down. I also preferred the passive Duncans over the blackouts. The blackouts are really hard to clean up IMO. You have to roll of the volume even on clean settings to stop it from distorting. But of course, with distortion, they are arguably the best going around. Especially for drop tunings.

The Washburn will do drop tunings just fine. I have a similar SD in one of my guitars and play it in B standard and it is sooooo heavy.

My vote goes to the Washburn
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
im also going to vote for the washburn, but im gonna suggest spending the extra $80 and getting the FE with EMG's as they will suit your music a little better.

i've always found washburns to be really well made and reliable guitars and the X series is no exception. they are just really well made guitars with some solid parts and good pickups plus i think they play really well. the schecters, on the other hand, i've just never really been a fan of; there's something about the way they play that just doesnt appeal to me and i dont think they really sound all that good (not bad, but they could be better)
Quote by Arterial
just wondering, is there anything wrong with the schecter hellraiser?

nope, nothing at all. on paper and in actual playing (depending on who's hands), the hellraiser is a brilliant guitar. i personally am not the biggest fan (again, something about the way they play bugs me, though i dont know what), but there are plenty of guys who are super happy with them. on a more quantative level, they are great guitars: well built, good parts and a good design. you really cant fault them on anything other than subjective measures, which differ person to person anyways
well i own a schecter. and a washburn. i can definetly tell the different thickness in the neck. personally. i will play either. also i think imma stick with the duncans as i like not having a battery.lol. i have yet to have a problem with either guitar except the floyd rose on my schecter which is no biggie.

Next question.

Will i be able to switch from drop C to drop A without making any neck adjustments as my guitar will already be set up for low tunings like that
Quote by krehzeekid
nope, nothing at all. on paper and in actual playing (depending on who's hands), the hellraiser is a brilliant guitar. i personally am not the biggest fan (again, something about the way they play bugs me, though i dont know what), but there are plenty of guys who are super happy with them. on a more quantative level, they are great guitars: well built, good parts and a good design. you really cant fault them on anything other than subjective measures, which differ person to person anyways

totally understandable, just thought it wouldnt hurt for you to give it a try.
Quote by MetalGuitarest
well i own a schecter. and a washburn. i can definetly tell the different thickness in the neck. personally. i will play either. also i think imma stick with the duncans as i like not having a battery.lol. i have yet to have a problem with either guitar except the floyd rose on my schecter which is no biggie.

Next question.

Will i be able to switch from drop C to drop A without making any neck adjustments as my guitar will already be set up for low tunings like that

the battery really isnt enough of an issue to warrant going to the duncans. try before you buy (If you can)!!!

i suspect that you wont be able to make that big a switch without making some sorts of adjustments to the neck. i've found that dropping more than a half step usually requires some work on the truss rod or a change in string guage to maintain the same playability and keep the action reasonable.

if you already own a couple guitars, you may want to dedicate one to one of the tunings and set up another for the other tuning (if you go as low as drop a, why not get a 7 string?). you'll save yourself alot of setup hassel plus you'll have a perfect setup in either tuning
i have. a washburn WI14 which has horrible upper fret access and whatnot and only 22 frets. i want 24. plus the pickups are shitty. i'm selling that one.

so i will have 2 guitars. schecter damien. i will probably block the trem. then maybe i can tune from standard to drop C atleast.

Plus i havn't tried a 7 string so i don't know if i'll like it
i would say buy the blackjack man. deadly pups and great playability.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
IMO, I think Schecters are just big, heavy, and american!

Washburn gets my vote
Carvin V3 - Matamp 4x12 - VHT Valvulator - Maxon OD808 - Visual Volume Pedal

EH Cathedral - Ibanez DE7
Dude, Get a 7 if you're playing in Drop A. You'll need an extended scale for Drop A, no shorter than 26.5" otherwise there will be no string tension and it's going to sound like cat piss. Keep that in mind when you're looking. If I'm not mistaken, all 3 of those guitars mentioned have 25.5", which is too short. Baritone 6 or a 7 are best IMO.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix