Hi,

Thinking about swapping out the pickups on my Squier Tele for some by IronGear. Should I also change the pots and caps at the same time. I not looking for a different sound (I'm in the process of building a custom style tele for a different sound). I just want to get as near to a fender tele as I can. What pots and caps should I be looking at?

Please don't reply with a any Squier bashing, I already know the arguments. I just want replies regarding my guitar.

Cheers

Thrench
Ibanez AS73
Squier Blonde Standard Telecaster
Home built Telecaster Deluxe
Vox AC4TV amp
Vox V845 Wah Wah
Marshall reverb
Korg Pandora PX4 multi effects
Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal

God is busy, save yourselves!!!
Well.

If you are going for Irongear (and you should), it would be a good idea to upgrade the pots, caps etc too.

The ones in the Squier, can almost certainly be improved on.

Get some CTS pots, full size and some copper shielding tape. Do a decent shielding and grounding job on it.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Yea, I'll give that a go. I'm about to bung a couple of Irongear Hammerheads into my tele delux build along with a Jimmy Page wiring set up. Should be pretty cool.

Thrench
Ibanez AS73
Squier Blonde Standard Telecaster
Home built Telecaster Deluxe
Vox AC4TV amp
Vox V845 Wah Wah
Marshall reverb
Korg Pandora PX4 multi effects
Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal

God is busy, save yourselves!!!
you can keep the caps. new ones wont make a bit of difference since the new ones will be the same off-the-shelf brands used in basically every guitar with a tone control. no point spending money that you dont have to. if you want good pots, get some bourns or clarostat. it seems that CTS arent what they used to be.