Yay, or nay?

My band (see sig) had recently asked a friend who is having a party if we could play there (yes, we are high school kids, parents out of town, sex in their bed, all that cool stuff).

He said he is going to clear out his living room so we can put up our risers and amps and shit, and we can **** shit up.

Should we play? What do you guys like/dislike about playing at house partys?
If everybody there knows you, they will be enthusiastic and into it, as long as you play stuff with energy, and a few covers that they recognize. Depending on what kind of band you are, I might strongly reccommend All The Small Things by Blink-182. Now, I hate that song, but it is a crowdpleaser of the first order. House parties are likely to be awesome shows. If it really is a "sex in the parents bed" kind of party, do a good job and you might get laid. Unless you're the bassist. Then you won't. Ever. The drummer probably won't either, but at least its possible for him.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Im guitar, lucky me . We go to a small school, only 350 kids, so we all know eachother, and they all know the band, so they dont care what we play, they like at already. We are not playing All the small cocks because the school hates it, and I found it funny that you picked that one . Either way, we are excited.

We are a Video Game Metal band though, its kinda funny
My main issue with playing drunken house parties is that your gear can get hurt. I usually make sure that I bring none of my super-expensive guitars or amps, and that all my stuff is packed up immediately after we stop playing, before rejoining the party, to make sure nothing happens to them.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Yeah, we talked about that before we even thought a bout going to the party. We got my dads van, he told us do whatever we want, just dont wreck and dont die, so lucky me.

W00t for chill people
Uhhh, let's see, lots of high school kids + loud band = Huge Cop Magnet

That would be my only caution to you. More often than not, its the neighbor that calls in a noise violation that can get you in trouble.

Just something to keep and mind. And make sure to change the sheets afterwards.
Sneak into the neighbours house and slip some sleeping pills into their water Cop problem gone
Check the noise laws. some places are really strict, but in my town you can do whatever you want till 10pm.
Beware of people who don't know how to drink/party or who are just klutzes getting too close to your pedal board and put as much of your amps and other gear behind you.

Don't expect everyone to be going crazy like at concerts or like in music video's. Most captive audience's will just stand and stare.

and have fun yo.

Man, I miss playing house parties.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
House partys are the best to play at, next to bars.
Free everything:
-Food
-Hooch
-Herb
-Chicks

And it's generally a fun time.
Marijuana is the spice of life.

I Force Choke my penis when I masturbate.

8)-~
wow.... drummers are like the most wanted by chicks now days....... sorta brings me down.
at least im not a bassist.
Quote by thamason69
wow.... drummers are like the most wanted by chicks now days....... sorta brings me down.

i play leads rythem,bass, and drums lol

i should be F**ked all the time

And yes, ive been to a house party whe a band was there, it was loads of fun, just keep track of gear
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
Quote by thamason69

I've found otherwise. Luckily, I play guitar and piano as well.

I didn't think of the cop magnet bit. And definitely watch out for your gear. The reason I suggested All The Small Penises was becuase a band played that at a talent show at my school and now everyone thinks they're the best band ever. Your school sounds like a nice place to spend your formative years.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
I know bro, it is.

Its awesome, we all know each other and there are only like 15 teachers. Much respect for everyone there
I've been to a couple of these house parties with bands. And I think they're awesome. But I seriously doubt you'll need (or want) to set up risers. Both times the band wanted to pack up as quickly as possible to rejoin the party and the risers were just another hassle (same band different parties). The second time, they just set up everything in the garage and played in there, afterwords they just moved everybody into the living room and no one went back into the garage the rest of the night.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
i should get my band to do some house party's...... the i'll have the greatest chance with some random chick.... guitar and booze always work in my favor!!!!!!!!