Stupid Question- While looking at amps and cabs online, i saw that alot of 1x12 and 2x12 cabs were called "extension cabs". Are they different from a normal cab, or is this label just a sales gimmick? Thanx in advance for the enlightenment.
There's no difference between them and normal cabs, it's just that often 1x12 and 2x12 cabs are used with combo amps that have speaker outputs, hence 'extension' cabs.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by smmSTV
Well could a 4x12 be attacked to a combo also? how about 2 4x12s?

Dude, you can hook ANY speaker configuration up to ANY amp so long as the wattage and impedances are OK. Don't get caught up in names.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.