I am thinking about buying this:

http://yhst-50206111187217.stores.yahoo.net/alpiprstpiwh.html

Does anybody know if these are any good? I dont wanna get the 32 or 37 dollar one when I could spend 10-15 dollars more and get something wayyy better. Is there much difference in the 32 dollar vs the 50 dollar prewired pickguards?

And does anyone actually own one that can say if they are good or not?

Its going in a squier affinity strat that I like the sound from already just want a lil upgrade for the hell of it.
I don't have it but they look pretty good and will be a HUGE upgrade from your squire pickups (then again, what wouldn't be :P )
i got their dual chrome covered humbucker one. i actually haven't put it on my squier bullet yet, but i watched videos with their humbuggies prewired, not bad. like what salgala said, anything would be a step up of stock squier.
Ive also seen the vids but the hting is I cant get a like good enough quality vid to tell if they are good or not.
mines coming in the mail soon so i hope its good.... lol i will let you know wen i get it if you would like?
well i got my pickguard today. i got it all wired up and everything and if nothing else it looks amazing. i just havent been able to plug it in and play it. i also have no strings to put on it yet....... sigh.. but i got the alinco 3 single coil one and its nice.
Quote by kiaba94
well i got my pickguard today. i got it all wired up and everything and if nothing else it looks amazing. i just havent been able to plug it in and play it. i also have no strings to put on it yet....... sigh.. but i got the alinco 3 single coil one and its nice.

Since i got a scalloped neck strat I want to get one with Yngwie style tone. Does your pickguard have good yngwie style sound to it? How well does it handle high gain? How clear are the pickups?
Honestly, I don't think those would be much of an upgrade from your Squire ones.
You do realize those are not GFS pickups, rather some cheap Standard Chinese garbage?
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
Honestly, I don't think those would be much of an upgrade from your Squire ones.
You do realize those are not GFS pickups, rather some cheap Standard Chinese garbage?

Do you actually know they are garbage? do you own or have played them?
Quote by ravenrage07
Do you actually know they are garbage? do you own or have played them?

I haven't tried them, because I know people who have them. They claim they are a tiny bit different than their stock Squier, but not by much.
Not a worthwile upgrade.

If you really want to switch pickups, just learn how to solder. It'll cost you about $70 for a set of GFS pups(not Including Soldering iron).
Quote by timbit2006
I haven't tried them, because I know people who have them. They claim they are a tiny bit different than their stock Squier, but not by much.
Not a worthwile upgrade.

If you really want to switch pickups, just learn how to solder. It'll cost you about $70 for a set of GFS pups(not Including Soldering iron).

Well is it hard to solder pickups into a stratocaster?
Quote by ravenrage07
Well is it hard to solder pickups into a stratocaster?

Not really.
Beginner difficulty.

Just Youtube How to Solder. Should be some good videos.
I had another idea. I only use the bridge and neck pickups on the strat not really the middle, just for reduction in noise. Would it be better just 2 get 2 Neovin pickups from GFS. One hot for the bridge and one medium for the neck? Are they noiseless by themselves or do I need to combine it with the middle pickup for them to be noiseless?
Nope.
The middle pickup is there, well, I'll explain.
The polarity on the middle pickup is reversed, when combined between the bridge and mid, or neck and mid pups, it cancels the hum.
It creates a sort of humbucker effect.

I don't know how those noisless ones work though.