http://www.catapultdistribution.com/

Yeah. My band is (was?) planning to distribute our album with this site. However, one of the guys brought up a good point: It almost sounds too good to be true. And IMO, if something sounds too good to be true, it is. So...what are your experiences, if any, and do you think this is a trustworthy site?
My Gear

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser

Peavey 5150

Shure SM57

M-Audio Fast Track

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor (3.20 GHz)

Reaper
Seems legit...and it not its only $25 so you wont really lose anything...
I don't think it's a scam. This site is known for it's ease of use and low cost, and the pricing is similar. Really, all they do is get your a CD a UPC code then upload the stuff to the various sites. It can very easily be done on your own, as well.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
I don't think it's a scam. This site is known for it's ease of use and low cost, and the pricing is similar. Really, all they do is get your a CD a UPC code then upload the stuff to the various sites. It can very easily be done on your own, as well.

Actually, if I recall, CD Baby takes a percentage of online sales. I'm not entirely sure on that, though. TuneCore would be a much better comparison.

Regardless, though, it is a legit business model, but I'm not sure about this specific company.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
If you want something like Catapult thats a little more legit, look into TuneCore. It does cost a little more than it but Tunecore works great. I've used them to put my music on iTunes (don't look up my old band) and its still up there and I still make 70 cents a song. Tunecore has a great rep and pretty much is one of the leaders in indie digital distribution.

Also, theres CreateSpace which lets you put your CD on amazon for free: https://www.createspace.com/
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Last edited by lockwolf at Jun 11, 2010,