So i've decided to go with a kit for my first build cuz i dont wanna spend a lot of money and screw it up for my first time. SO, i've heard Carvin is good for custom stuff and ive heard decent things about the GFS kits (not the pups and electronics) especially them being cheap
so my question is: is it worth it to go the extra $150+ for the carvin kit (which is a plain ol superstrat shape) or the GFS ones which obviously arent as good, but re cheaper and have more shape options. i dont know, im stuck hahaha, so i want your guys opinions. THANKS!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
Carvin, definitely.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
Carvin, definitely.

Oh, definitely. I have a GFS kit and I kind of regret getting it. The RW fretboard is really shitty and the frets are the nasty kind you find on really low end guitars-like, sub $100 guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Carvin. You wont have to replace the hardware, unlike the gfs kits. Top quality stuff.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.