It's not all human ash. Some of it's the box that they put you in.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by genghisgandhi
What box? From what I've seen, they basically put you on a skillet and put you in a furnace.

Really?

Surely not... I assumed there was a box involved

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by genghisgandhi
What box? From what I've seen, they basically put you on a skillet and put you in a furnace.

I was pretty sure they put you in a wood box and burned all of it.
This question has got to me. How do you get all the ashes into a urn? I'll have to look it up or i'm not getting any sleep tonight.

EDIT: They mash up the dry bone fragments.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Last edited by Jiggzy.UK at Jun 10, 2010,
I think you're wearing clothes... I'm not 100% sure, but when my grandfather was cremated he took along one of my old hockey jerseys and it was cremated along with him. I don't know if that answers any questions.
Quote by billy0805
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremation

this should clear up the box issue.

In the U.S., a body ready to be cremated must be placed in a container for cremation, which can be a simple corrugated cardboard box or a wooden casket. Most casket manufacturers provide a line of caskets specially built for cremation.

So there is a box, but how do there catch the ashes, and are they wearing clothes?
Quote by wizards?
I think you're wearing clothes... I'm not 100% sure, but when my grandfather was cremated he took along one of my old hockey jerseys and it was cremated along with him. I don't know if that answers any questions.
Just that you're Canadian.

*does not know if you're actually Canadian*
Quote by genghisgandhi
So there is a box, but how do there catch the ashes, and are they wearing clothes?

Did you even read the wiki article? There aren't really any ashes. Just bone fragments that they grind up. So the 'ashes' are actually ground up bones.
Quote by daytripper75
Did you even read the wiki article? There aren't really any ashes. Just bone fragments that they grind up. So the 'ashes' are actually ground up bones.

what happens to the actual ashes?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
what happens to the actual ashes?

Swept up i guess.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Quote by daytripper75

Oh yum.

hue
Quote by genghisgandhi
I FEEL SO LIED TO

I figured this would be a good time to tell you.

you're not actually an anteater

sorry...
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

The answer is yes.

Next thread, please.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by daytripper75
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremation#Burning_and_ashes_collection

Just read the article! It explains everything.

wait... if it takes 2 hours for a single body to burn, how could Auschwitz possibly have burned thousands of jews a day? They definitely didn't have hundreds of ovens...

I smell a conspiracy.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark

wait... if it takes 2 hours for a single body to burn, how could Auschwitz possible have burned thousands of jews a day? They definitely didn't have hundreds of ovens...

I smell a conspiracy.
They didn't do one person at a time; the things they burned them in were pretty big.
I'm gonna make an educated guess and say that there aren't actually any remnants of anything other than bone because everything else in your body is squishy and meltable. So yay bones.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by fearofthemark

wait... if it takes 2 hours for a single body to burn, how could Auschwitz possibly have burned thousands of jews a day? They definitely didn't have hundreds of ovens...

I smell a conspiracy.

It takes one popcorn kernel 1:30 minutes to pop. It takes a whole bag 2 minutes to pop. Same principal with bodies.
Quote by fearofthemark

I smell a conspiracy.

It's probs a precise affair. I could burn a chicken quicker than i could cook one if were given a kiln and an oven if you know what i mean.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Quote by herby190
They didn't do one person at a time; the things they burned them in were pretty big.

But if there are more people in there, it would take a proportionally longer time...

edit: I think i get it.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Last edited by fearofthemark at Jun 10, 2010,
Quote by genghisgandhi
It takes one popcorn kernel 1:30 minutes to pop. It takes a whole bag 2 minutes to pop. Same principal with bodies.

I just got the sickest image in my head...
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by fearofthemark
I just got the sickest image in my head...

DId you have to fucking pass it on?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Better question.

If an urn gets cremated,

+

does the ash have ash from the urn's ash, or does the ash become new ash without old ash?

Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by fearofthemark

I smell a conspiracy.

The HMS inevitable post has landed.

I kind of churn when I think of bones being pulverized, I always liked the symbolism of the human skull and I think it's a pity to just crush it.

Quote by Nelsean
Better question.

If an urn gets cremated,

+

does the ash have ash from the urn's ash, or does the ash become new ash without old ash?

***Ash***

I guess some of the old ash would become new ash but there would still be traces of old ash in the new ash.
hue
Last edited by sock_demon at Jun 10, 2010,