Can you all good fellows suggest me some metal to work to? Allow me to elaborate: I work on a farm, and although much of my work is in the field planting, harvesting, etc, a lot of it also involves hauling shit in one of the trucks/welding/building structures/fixing engines/carrying cement and transplanted trees and other physically demanding and testosterone-boosting labor.

So I want some heavy shit to listen to while I do it. However -- I don't want any weird gothic/emo/outcast/black metal/death metal weirdness. Don't tell me what I want is crap, either, because I'm just looking for suggestions.

So to guide you: along the lines of Pantera and Hellyeah -- good, aggressive, heavy tunes to crank while I lift and manipulate heavy things.

Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
Alcest, the HEAVIEST shit you will find around the metal forum.

and of course the obvious ones, like Dodsferdar, and Ivankir, if you've never heard of them, you probably suck.
sounds like you're looking for groove metal
Quote by technicolour
recommendation thread at the top of the page.
/thread
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.
Quote by severed-metal
Alcest, the HEAVIEST shit you will find around the metal forum.

and of course the obvious ones, like Dodsferdar, and Ivankir, if you've never heard of them, you probably suck.

I actually love Alcest. But it's clearly not what I'm looking for, so suck a fat one
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
it may be to heavy for your taste but lamb of god makes good work music for me. Sepultura is good, they are very similar to Pantera( one of their main influences).

anthrax
metallica
disturbed
dream theater
hatebreed
mudvayne (older stuff)
TOOL (nt real heavy, just great)

hope that helps, im not sure on our differences on "heavy" hah
Ignore that, people here have a tendency to be assholes to non regulars

what you need is some trad metal and nwobhm man, stuff of that ilk

sortilege - metamorphose
chastain - ruler of the wasteland
leige lord - master control
tysondog - beware of dog
jag panzer - ample destruction
cloven hoof - a sultans ransom
slough feg - traveller
slander - careless talk costs lives

that should do you well
i am the moonstar
Oh, listen to Megadeth, clean voice, fast aggressive riffs, heavyness of course listen to Rust in Peace (album) or the new one, Endgame, that will fill you with adrenaline, it works for me while I'm in the shower, so it should work for you, lol
I know you said no Death Metal, but you said no Death Metal weirdness...I think you should get some Bolt Thrower. Srsly
K.K. Avant-Garde Blackened Death Metal
Quote by Sawman3
I actually love Alcest. But it's clearly not what I'm looking for, so suck a fat one

Ah, caught onto me. Next time, just use the rec thread.

Quote by Cambyses
Ignore that, people here have a tendency to be assholes to non regulars

Don't be ignorant. It's not "non-regulars" we're being assholes too. It's people who have been in here before, and should probably know by now, that this forum typically uses a specific thread, *black metal/death metal thread* or the rec thread at the top of the page for recs.
yeah whatever check out those albums man if you like heavy/trad/power metal at all they're a plus bonus quality all
i am the moonstar
Bullet for my Valentine is pretty heavy, bro.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all